WTB - Full Desktop For Cheap

dahoseman

Limp Gawd
I'm helping get a computer for someone who has never really used computers before and who is never going to be doing anything very demanding. It needs to be fully functional and cheap. If this were my own rig, I'd meticulously shop around for the right components and build it from the ground up, but the machine I'm looking for in this thread will probably never do much more than surf the web, get typed on, store lots of files or play the occasional weak game. Before I look at refurbished eMachines or build one from scratch on Newegg, I thought I'd see what people have laying around in their basements or whatnot. Here are the requirements:

1. CHEAP!
2. Fully Functional. No "quirks"
3. Reasonably modern.... able to run Win 2000 at least.
4. ALL components included. It's not in stone, but I would prefer this to be defined as having mouse, keyboard, old monitor, hopefully a modem, ghetto speakers, case, etc.

What I'm looking for here is a prefab machine. I don't want to shop around or trade for parts. My goal is to open the shipping box, plug in the keyboard, mouse and monitor and fire it up. The most I want to do is reformat it and put my own OS and software on it.

If you think you have a candidate machine, don't hesitate to email any and all offers to [email protected] or shoot me a message on AIM.

Ok
1-Asrock K7VM4 mini ATX board/With onboard shared 64MB video
2-256 geil PC3200 (blue heatspreaders)
1- 52X24X52 Acer CDRW
1-900MHzT-bird
1-30G HD
1-Floppy
1-250W sparkle PS
250.00 shipped with in the states. if you want a 1800 TB add 50.00.
Picture%20071.jpg

HEAT

That is pretty much what I'm looking for, thanks. I'm gonna let this thread sit and collect a few more offers before I make a choice though

eh, I can probably get a monitor around here. Shipping would probably be more than it's worth anyway. That system looks pretty solid though. Thanks

I have a few systems, I will post the specs in a bit.
633mhz celeron for $125 and a 1.3ghz duron for $200.

Back