WTB: Enterprise SSDs

neural0

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to breathe new life into a server I bought from here several years ago that's running all spinning rust.

I'm interested in Enterprise SSDs since I run this server 24/7 and don't want to upgrade for another several years.

They can be either SAS, SATA, U.2, or whatever and I'm interested in lots that I can raid up since I have about a dozen open bays in my Supermicro chassis.

I do a decent amount of downloading and winrar extracting of those so these drives would be setup as a "scratch" drive so they'll see heavy read/write usage (hence the need for enterprise drives) then the uncompressed uhd movies data get written to warm storage arrays.

Tell me what you might have or even better what your company might be getting rid of!

I saw “enterprise drives” and thought you were wanting to mine Chia! Better get those drives now before the prices skyrocket over here, they have already gone up a lot in China.

Haha yes the price spike in cost of new drives is what got me to finally post, I've wanted to upgrade this boat for a year but dragged my @$$ :)

Back