WTB Decent Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzilee

Limp Gawd
My mother has finally decided to upgrade her laptop. She has been using an IBM Thinkpad 570e (500mhz, 192mb RAM, 15gb HD,13.3") for some time now. She only uses this laptop for simple things such as internet surfing, email, itunes etc. Here are the specs that I am looking for:

-Should be working
-Pentium 4 Processor
-512mb RAM
-Good battery
-Some where around a 14in
-CDRW/DVD
-Must have a fresh copy of Windows XP, no bootleg

These specs aren't binding, but just a ballpark sort of thing. I would prefer to buy from someone with decent heat as I have had a bad trade or two in the past. I am looking for a good solid laptop nothing flaky. I am looking to pay in the $300-$500 area. Payment would be made via Paypal. Shoot me some offers.

Tks
Mike

I got the perfect laptop for you.

http://pcworld.about.com/news/Jun072002id101699.htm
Dell Inspirion 8200
P4-M 1.7Ghz (Speed steps down to 1.2ghz or less I believe)
15" LCD, (1400x1050)
Geforce 4 Go w/ 64mb DDR.
384MB DDR
40GB HD (brand new, 5 year warranty)
DVD/CDRW combo drive
WinXP home license, restore CD, and I believe I have all the original cds and box as well.
PCMCIA 802.11G wifi card
2 x batteries (both batteries installed give me atleast 2 hours of wifi browsing, ymmv)
Modular Floppy
(Has a multi-bay infront that can hold a floppy, hard drive, second battery or optical drive)

If you live in the Cont US, i'll do the above for $400 total, and that includes 2-3 day shipping with insurance.

I can also upgrade the hard drive to a 100GB Segate, add a docking station, a second charge adapter, or even a second removable modular hard drive.

Email me at [email protected] for pics, details and more.
Excellent at beer and heat at the same email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back