WTB Cheap mobo/cpu combo

Mermalion

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone!

A friend at work asked me to repair his computer that stopped working. I took it apart and determined the motherboard had died. His budget to fix it is only $50. I figure I may be able to get a cheap motherboard and cpu from here that would be an upgrade from his socket 462 sempron. If anyone has a cheap combo that includes the motherboard and cpu please pm me a price shipped to 44663. The motherboard must support DDR2, be MATX, and have onboard video.

Thank you!

Last edited:
When you day "must support DDR2" I hope you realize that the socket 462 "A" doesn't support DDR2. They were only original DDR.

When you day "must support DDR2" I hope you realize that the socket 462 "A" doesn't support DDR2. They were only original DDR.

Yeah I understand. He only had 512mb of DDR. I have 2x 1gb sticks of DDR2 here that I'm going to throw in it as well.

Yeah I understand. He only had 512mb of DDR. I have 2x 1gb sticks of DDR2 here that I'm going to throw in it as well.

That is what I am saying; you can't use DDR2 in the Socket A system. :confused:

You do realize that he asked for a cheap motherboard and CPU combo that supports DDR2, not just a new mobo for socket A

Also bump for you!

Back