WTB Cheap Ipad to use as parental management device

Tengis

Supreme [H]ardness
My kids both wanted ipads but I dont have an Apple device to manage their accounts. I have an Android tablet I use to watch Netflix sometimes in the garage so Ill probably replace that with my first Apple device so that I have something to manage their accounts.

Let me know what youve got.

Ipad Air 2 16GB
PM me your offer, I will ship it to you…
That hasn't received updates in 2 years, so it's not useful as a parental management device, no offense.

Tengis You're going to be very severely limited trying to use parental controls without having an Apple iPhone to manage family settings. You're either going to need to get an iPhone first, or you're going to need to get them used Android tablets.

Last edited:
That hasn't received updates in 2 years, so it's not useful as a parental management device, no offense.

EDIT - I was wrong, the person that gave it to me said it was gen 1 and I don't know (or care) about anything Apple so I took her word for it. It's a Gen 8 :facepalm:

Last edited:
I can't comprehend why a child would want an ipad over a custom built desktop rig and a nice monitor...

I can't comprehend why a child would want an ipad over a custom built desktop rig and a nice monitor...

Both of my kids have gaming computers and they pretty much never use them. Its actually kind of depressing.

Both of my kids have gaming computers and they pretty much never use them. Its actually kind of depressing.
That sucks! I can't get mine off of their computers, but they don't have anything but Fire kids tablets either.....

You need to be on iOS 12 for screen time integration.
That iPad gets iOS 12 as its last update, but it would still be horrific in terms of child management from lacking newer parental features on top of the atrocious speed.

That iPad gets iOS 12 as its last update, but it would still be horrific in terms of child management from lacking newer parental features on top of the atrocious speed.

A gen 1 iPad had iOS 5 as it's latest update.

I was thinking of the 1st gen Air, my bad. That makes his comment even more ridiculous and pointless.

Yeah, that's what I thinking too. You can get an iPad 9th gen off of Amazon for $250 new, it should get another 4 iPadOS updates as well. That's probably the OPs best bet rather than saving a few bucks and going with something used and older.

https://www.amazon.com/2021-Apple-10-2-inch-iPad-Wi-Fi/dp/B09G9CJM1Z/

Edit: well that's interesting and good to know that [H] get money from amazon links.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Edit: well that's interesting and good to know that [H] get money from amazon links.
they have for a while, kyle said that the little warning thing has to be turned on by law....
when im hitting up amazon, i come here first so the associate link kicks in, at least i try to remember to.

Last edited:
Back