WTB cheap GSM smartphone

cdabc123

Supreme [H]ardness
Looking for the cheapest unlocked gsm android smartphone someone would be willing to throw in the mail. It can be older or slightly damaged, but still needs to be functional.

Last edited:
you could probably pick up a burner for $50 at walmart...
Probably, but after driving around to a few spots yesterday, no one could get me a phone for less then 80-100. Im looking for the junk draw special, someone dust off their old cracked phone and throw it in the mail.

I think I have a Nokia Windows Phone, not sure if it's unlocked tho. I did use with AT&T
I do need it to be unlocked on a gsm network, I had a s7 I was going to use but its atat locked and I didnt feel like rooting it (usb port is too mangled to succeed).

I should specify, im only really looking for android devices. No iphones and I dont think id want to dive into the windows phone experiance.

If so, I'm interested
My mistake, it's a s7 not s7 edge. Works on AT&T (GSMA) network, unsure about CDMA (Verizon) as I don't have a VZW sim to test with. Shoot me your shipping address and send a $10 donation to [H] at [email protected]. I will drop this off ASAP.

Edit: unable to unlock according to ATT portal.

Attachments

• PXL_20240217_204047327.jpg
    PXL_20240217_204047327.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240217_204336600.jpg
    PXL_20240217_204336600.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks, but thats the same s7 I have. The g930A indicates att network locked. So it wouldnt work on other gsm networks without unlocking or rooting. I may try and find a better microusb cable and attempt that with the s7 I have, no need for 2 of them.

AT&T phones that are paid off or bought outright are eligible for free network unlocking.

AT&T phones that are paid off or bought outright are eligible for free network unlocking.
Idk if I have the patience to deal with trying to get atat to give me the unlock pin. Would rather try rooting it.

Idk if I have the patience to deal with trying to get atat to give me the unlock pin. Would rather try rooting it.
It's easy af though, just google AT&T sim unlocking after payoff and it'll take your right to it. After you request it the instructions to accomplish it appear in your email in a minute or two.

I should have an old galaxy s8 with a few cracks in the corner of the screen. yours for free if you're willing to pay for the shipping ($10 should cover it).

Back