WTB Cheap cheap cheap laptop for disabled sister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoxi

[H]ard|Gawd
My sister in law has been mentally disabled since birth. Every year or so, I've been buying her a new "cheap" laptop to use in order to play games online, print coloring stencils, etc. Her latest one just kicked the bucket and I haven't had any luck finding anything decent for cheap. Does anyone on here have a cheap laptop that works, don't care about cosmetics as long as the screen/keyboard work. Please let me know. Ideally would like to spend under $150.

Thanks!

I will check my shelf at work. If I have something that isn't so vintage it's useless, it's yours for shipping.

I'll be in Friday so send me a PM, don't be shy. I just don't want to forget.

My friend has the following,

"Dell Inspiron 15-5559 laptop for sale

Specs include:
- Core i5-6200U
- 8GB DDR3-1600 CL9 high-performance, low-voltage RAM
- 1TB WD Black HDD
- 15.6" / 768p / 60Hz display

$225
Not a gaming laptop, since it uses whatever Intel's 6th Gen on-die graphics are (HD 520?), but a newer laptop with solid general-use performance for sure.

White-LED backlit keyboard."

My sister in law has been mentally disabled since birth. Every year or so, I've been buying her a new "cheap" laptop to use in order to play games online, print coloring stencils, etc. Her latest one just kicked the bucket and I haven't had any luck finding anything decent for cheap. Does anyone on here have a cheap laptop that works, don't care about cosmetics as long as the screen/keyboard work. Please let me know. Ideally would like to spend under $150.

Thanks!
I have a Dell Latitude 6450 that I'd be willing to let go for around your asking price. It's got i7 4800 MQ, 16GB of RAM, and a SSD installed. The battery life isn't good and it's got a few scuffs on the case, and the charger is frayed, but it will do what you need, and do it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back