WTB: AMD Ryzen 5900 OEM aka non X

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
Looking for a 5900 OEM chip. LMK what you have. I am not interested in a 5900x.

Is there a specific reason you need that CPU rather than just purchasing the X version and enabling the 65w TDP option in the bios? There's four listings on ebay and the cheapest non-X is $318.25 with all of them coming from China. The cheapest X CPU is $229.20. At the price difference between the two CPU you could purchase a different motherboard with the X CPU or (rough conjecture) completely move to Ryzen 7000 after selling the existing parts if performance is the ultimate goal.

Last edited:
Is there a specific reason you need that CPU rather than just purchasing the X version and enabling the 65w TDP option in the bios? There's four listings on ebay and the cheapest non-X is $318.25 with all of them coming from China. The cheapest X CPU is $229.20. At the price difference between the two CPU you could purchase a different motherboard with the X CPU or (rough conjecture) completely move the Ryzen 7000 after selling the existing parts if performance is the ultimate goal.
valid points this is for my prox mox server which sits in my garage in a haft depth network rack. very limited on coolers due to board ASRock server 470 chipset and rotated socket and 2u height. but I will need to see if the ASRock board can put a 5900x in eco mode. My goal is the most threads and cores with decent performance and low heat.

valid points this is for my prox mox server which sits in my garage in a haft depth network rack. very limited on coolers due to board ASRock server 470 chipset and rotated socket and 2u height. but I will need to see if the ASRock board can put a 5900x in eco mode. My goal is the most threads and cores with decent performance and low heat.

Most motherboards allow you to place the X CPUs in Eco mode, and if by some weird reason there is no option, you can always try and manually lower the PPT value on the AMD CBS menu to 88w (88w is the "TDP" value for 65w CPUs)

I got an orm Ryzen 5900. I can get you pics if interested. I had it under a Black Ridge and temps never peaked past 64C with the noctuas slim 92mm fan at 40% rpm

Back