WTB 4000 T series Intel quad core CPU for old HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

narsbars

2[H]4U
Just temporarily reviving/upgrading an old HP all in one for a friends mother. I hope you have some cheap stuff, this is NOT a performance pc.
Any CPU at least in the 4XXX range would help. The current 3220T dual core is painful. I have to have the T version of any intel CPU I find due to the lower draw. The whole rig runs off something like a 90 watt external brick.
I found the CPU replacement matrix for this board and listed the ones I think would make a real difference.
  • TDP: up to 45 W
  • Socket type: FCLGA1150
  • Motherboard supports the following processors:
    Processor​
    TDP​
    I​
    • These are the CPUs I would like to find.
      Intel Core i5-4590T (Haswell) 3.0 GHz Quad Core​
      35 W​
      Intel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)​
      Intel Core i5-4670T (Haswell) 2.3 GHz Quad Core​
      45 W​
      Intel Core i5-4690T (Haswell) 2.5 GHz Quad Core​
      45 W​
      Intel Core i7-4765T (Haswell) 2.0 GHz Quad Core​
      35 W​

The T CPU's are rare because almost nobody in the enthusiast community buys them (aside from folks doing low power builds). Your best bet will be eBay - there are a handful of i5-4590T CPUs there for $35 shipped right now, which seems like a decent price. It also helps to search by Intel's part no, SR1S6 in the case of 4590T, as sometimes sellers make typos.
Also, FYI, your current CPU is a Pentium G3220T, which is absolutely not the same thing as a Core i3-3220T. Pentium is one step below i3, kind of like Celeron was a step below Pentium back in the day, and does not follow the same 4XXX family as the Core CPUs. It gets confusing, but that's just how it is.

Last edited:
The T CPU's are rare because almost nobody in the enthusiast community buys them (aside from folks doing low power builds). Your best bet will be eBay - there are a handful of i5-4590T CPUs there for $35 shipped right now, which seems like a decent price. It also helps to search by Intel's part no, SR1S6 in the case of 4590T, as sometimes sellers make typos.
Also, FYI, your current CPU is a Pentium G3220T, which is absolutely not the same thing as an Core i3-3220T. Pentium is one step below i3, kind of like Celeron was a step below Pentium back in the day, and does not follow the same 4XXX family as the Core CPUs. It gets confusing, but that's just how it is.
Great information. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back