WTB: 3rd gen EPYC (Milan) 24+ cores, Supermicro H12SSL (any version, must fit EATX), either 16GB*8 or 32GB*8 Compatible Registered DDR4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarathustra[H]

Extremely [H]
Hey all,

I might finally be pulling the trigger on the LONG overdue server upgrade.

I'm tired of dealing with potentially scummy sellers on eBay, so I decided I might as well at least ask here first to see if anyone is getting rid of what I am looking for.

If that is you, let me know!

Not sure if anyone uses Heatware anymore, but this is me.

killer server platform. good luck with your search.

if you can't find one here and you do end up going to ebay i can refer you to the seller i got my Milan from, PM me

ML/AI machine?

All in one home server. NAS and a bunch of VM's for various hosts. The current dual socket E5-2650v2 on a Supermicro X9DRI-F is getting a little tired, and those hardware vulnerabilities don't help either.

What case are you using?
I have an x10drg-q that I'm having a hard time finding a tower type case for my build

if you don't find what you are looking for from a member here, I am also upgrading my old xeon v2 server to a similar all in one epyc server and I was looking at this ebay seller https://www.ebay.com/str/tugm4470. Friend bought epyc cpu motherboard and ram combo from them earlier this year and it worked fine we found them on the homelab reddit where other users have bought from him and built systems successfully.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
if you don't find what you are looking for from a member here, I am also upgrading my old xeon v2 server to a similar all in one epyc server and I was looking at this ebay seller https://www.ebay.com/str/tugm4470. Friend bought epyc cpu motherboard and ram combo from them earlier this year and it worked fine we found them on the homelab reddit where other users have bought from him and built systems successfully.

Thanks for the recommendation. The "From China" bit concerns me a little, but I will keep the seller in mind.

I guess I could always make sure I flash the BIOS before I use it just to make sure there aren't any shenanigans going on. Maybe inspect it for any obvious solder jobs as well.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That ebay seller is legit. The Rome setup I had I got from him and it was perfect. I flashed the bios and BCM to the latest from the manufacturer too to make sure it was not funky. Just way overkill for power and I also needed to cut my power bill so I just sold my 24 core rome setup. if you can deal with 8-10 drives check out the Enthoo Pro 2 Server tower case. you can move the fan wall to be mid case to get air flow more loke server grade parts.

Thanks, I'm looking at the same PXL_20231114_171334557.jpg

If youre open to a Threadripper 5955WX with Heatkiller IV WB, SM M12SWA-TF with 8x16GB ECC RDIMM DDR4-3600...

I'm pondering selling my Supermicro H12SSL-I, Epyc 7F52, 256GB 3200mhz ECC ram (8xHMAA4GR7CJR4N-XN), it's listed on serve the home. I know the CPU isn't exactly what you're looking for, but thought I'd throw that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back