Wrath of the Lich King wont install?

JoeCoral

n00b
Bought WoW today (got the battlechest version and lich king update).
I installed the battlechest dvd (WoW and TBC) and created and updated my battlenet account whilst it was installing, added the CD keys for all 3 games (WoW, TBC, WotLK).
Once the battle chest dvd had finished installing, I put the Lich King DVD in to install, but there is no option to install, it just says "play" and starts downloading the latest patch
Is this normal?

There have been so many changes since it launched you're better off just installing the current patches anyways. Let it do its thing and you should be fine. The DVD's are so out of date anyways.

As long as wrath is showing up in your bnet account you'll be good when it finishes patching (and patching and patching).

That is normal. Blizzards patching system is very efficient and will update your current installation to the latest version faster than installing 3.0.

its normal, i dont even own any wow disks. bought all my accounts online.

Its a sign , the future you is trying to stall you in the hopes you'll come to your senses and not get addicted again.

Heed the warning!

Its a sign , the future you is trying to stall you in the hopes you'll come to your senses and not get addicted again.

Heed the warning!

lol, i played much less now because i find it less fun. but man alot of time wasted over the past 3 years

lol, i played much less now because i find it less fun. but man alot of time wasted over the past 3 years

I played from the second beta phase when warlocks were patched in until about last December. Thats a damn ..damn long time , I wasted so much time on WoW , met some good people who are now friends for life so I can't advise against WoW in the end.

I plan on playing it when cataclysm comes out just to see some of the old world changes but honestly I think for the most part I'm done with WoW for good.

Just as an addition, the whole game is on the Wrath expansion dvd.

You still need the classic and tbc keys to create and upgrade the account, but to install you only need the Wrath disk, all the game content is on it (excluding the more recent patches obviously).

It's as if Jesus Christ himself descended from the heavens to make your install fail. It's like Divine Intervention. Cue the Pulp Fiction pictures.

I really wish I could get some DI. I'm so close to reinstalling. A friend of mine just fell off the wagon and he's trying to pull me down with him.

It's as if Jesus Christ himself descended from the heavens to make your install fail. It's like Divine Intervention. Cue the Pulp Fiction pictures.

DI? Jebus is a paladin! I knew it!

I played from the second beta phase when warlocks were patched in until about last December. Thats a damn ..damn long time , I wasted so much time on WoW , met some good people who are now friends for life so I can't advise against WoW in the end.

I plan on playing it when cataclysm comes out just to see some of the old world changes but honestly I think for the most part I'm done with WoW for good.

What old world changes? I might start playing again. Stopped playing at level 70. But there haven't been any new games that inteest me lately.

I really wish I could get some DI. I'm so close to reinstalling. A friend of mine just fell off the wagon and he's trying to pull me down with him.

DON'T DO IT!!

Just slowly back away from the pc for 5 minutes and think about it......see, all better now.

Back