WoW now banning for speaking out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bane said:
To be honest with you, I thought it seemed as though your ban may have been warranted. In the first link it just seems like you're trying to stir up trouble and form some kind of mob against Blizzard. I understand the frustration that the games issues can cause, but as Caydiem said, it wasn't a contructive thread at all.

The second post seems as though it was created solely to rip into that Megadeath guy. He probably did deserve it, but if you create an entire thread just to call the guy an "asshat" then that too would probably warrant the ban. And perhaps it was unfair if that megadeath didn't get banned, I don't know what he said though. But still, maybe you should have taken the high road and just let it slide.

As i said though, this is just how it appeared to my distant view of the situation.

Ok I appreciate your view Bane thanx.

Im not sure how my first post was stiring up trouble, I was just stating the current state of things. The second post I created after Megadeath created a similar thread flamming me ... I was not able to reply in his thread tho, because login servers were down (figures), so I created my own. And yes .... it was immature of me to do that. :(

bonkrowave said:
You speak the truth ... Im not sure how they could blow the rollout. Blizzard said they had 500,000 players in beta, which had fewer servers ... and now with more servers and 600,000 people with peak times being 250,000 people ... they dont have stable servers.

Did they just forget about beta ?

i think they lied about beta. I played in both close and open, and its never been as crowded as it is now. i think they are still lying about horde vs alliance balance too.

their like "those numbers aren't correct (from wowcensus, etc)"
but they wont release their numbers....WTF

heres how it works

SELECT RACE AND CLASS AND LVL FROM PLAYERTABLE
profit!!!!!!!!!!

i mean come on, this is blizzard. cough up some cash, but some more fat internet pipes and rent 50 more servers....profit!!!!!!!!!!

Steel Chicken said:
i think they lied about beta. I played in both close and open, and its never been as crowded as it is now. i think they are still lying about horde vs alliance balance too.

their like "those numbers aren't correct (from wowcensus, etc)"
but they wont release their numbers....WTF

heres how it works

SELECT RACE AND CLASS AND LVL FROM PLAYERTABLE
profit!!!!!!!!!!

i mean come on, this is blizzard. cough up some cash, but some more fat internet pipes and rent 50 more servers....profit!!!!!!!!!!

Thats exactly what I would like to see ... my guess is Vivendi has a hold on the cash ... and we all know how tight they are with it .... IE sueing valve over releasing HL2 over steam.

I just dont understand the logic of blizzard. THey have not released more copies of the game, which are in high demand (going for twice the price at EB). They could just buy new servers and pipes and that cost would offset with the flood of new players into the game.

Oh and steel ... based on the views in teh thousands for the forums .... Im guessing the loggin server is down again ? Oh and am I wrong when I say the game was more stable in beta ?

bonkrowave said:
Oh and steel ... based on the views in teh thousands for the forums .... Im guessing the loggin server is down again ? Oh and am I wrong when I say the game was more stable in beta ?

I dunno, i logged in this morning.

Hell, I'm glad they ban people like you. All the fucking sarcasm and patronization, why shouldn't they ban you? If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Quit bitching.

Don't thank me for this. That would be the patronization which is probably one of the main reasons they banned you for 24 hours. You know the reason why you got banned, and it was only for 24 hours; you MIGHT have a reason to bitch if they permanently banned and you weren't acting like a cock. But you didn't, and you were, so hopefully you learned a lesson.

finalgt said:
Hell, I'm glad they ban people like you. All the fucking sarcasm and patronization, why shouldn't they ban you? If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Quit bitching.

Don't thank me for this. That would be the patronization which is probably one of the main reasons they banned you for 24 hours. You know the reason why you got banned, and it was only for 24 hours; you MIGHT have a reason to bitch if they permanently banned and you weren't acting like a cock. But you didn't, and you were, so hopefully you learned a lesson.

I was perma banned. And I was not being sarcastic or patronizing at all. Your argument might have some validity if you didn't lose all credability by swearing and insulting me in this post. There were no flames or trolls until your post.

I also fail to see how I can possibly change the servers blizzard is using. First off they are located in California and second I dont think they would just allow a player to walk right in and start messing with servers.

As a customer paying a monthly fee for a service I have every right to complain on public boards.

MeanieMan said:
What a dick.

As a customer, how is he supposed to change it without saying something?

Exactly ... this is the type of stuff on the boards, which I am supposed to ignore (2nd link), or I can defend myself and post back(first link).

EIther way I still get banned ....

bonk, let me try and sum it for you, im not completely un-biased, in that i am on the forums too there, and am an avid player, but i dont know you well from here, so i have no previous opinion of you personally..

1. blizzard has botched this, and it has lots of problems
2. there will always be fan boys, flamers, etc on forums
3. if you act like a dork on the forums, you will get temp-banned
4. if you consistenly break the rules, you will get perma-banned

somewhere between 3 and 4 you didnot learn your lesson...instead you dropped yourself to the level of the flamers and the !!!!!!s and everyone else, blizzard banned ya. if you cannot see that in your own posts, that your attitude was unecessary and uncalled for, you got bigger problems then being banned from a forum for an online game

Looks like you were posting childish bullshit & talking smack to a mod. Blizzard having problems with their servers doesn't give you permission to act like a 5 year old.

Well it appears I will be ganged up upon here as well.

But anyone who plays WoW knows the aparent flaws, and its only a matter of time before the majority of people posting in the forums will have the same view point.

I wont be back to say I told you so tho.

Bye

Well, complaining is one thing and getting revenge is another.

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... Even if you win you're still retarded"

You stated your point and should have left it at that, attacking others when they attack you is just asking for trouble. Thats what you got.

I do agree with your point Blizzard's messed up banning pratices however.

i definately don't think you should have been banned, but you were being an asshat on all of those posts. if you want to bitch about it, be constructive like the gm said. make points to help fix shit, don't just flame about it.

I can understand the 24 hour ban but the perma-band is a bit too much. Honestly you could have just PM'ed the dude you wanted to bash, instead of making an entire thread out of it. And I assume you got perma-band for the first link you gave us? If so, then thats a bit strange and that sucks.

Its almost like denying our right to free speech. If we never were allowed to voice our opinions no change would come. But perhaps Blizzard is trying to fix whatever problems they are having and are sick of people complaining? I don't own WoW so I wouldn't know the Blizzard situation. In anycase, couldn't you just make a new Forum ID with a different Email and go on posting? Start fresh as it were.

abudhu said:
Its almost like denying our right to free speech.

It is not even in the same ballpark as that. Those are Blizzard’s forums....a company, NOT A COUNTRY, therefore....they can AND have a right to, do what they please on their forums.

TO BONKROWAVE:

You don't consider "asshat" a curse? That is like saying "fuckpants" is not a curse. Just because you put a noun at the end of a curse, doesn't make it cease to be a curse.

I am SO FREAKING GLAD I got City of Heroes instead of WoW. CoH has a wonderful community, some of the most active, communicative, and devoted devs and admins I've seen in any game, and stellar server stability.

Sure, there's a lot of frustration over nerfing and such, but that comes with the territory. And to the dev's credit, they're considering the impact of recent nerfs with an eye toward reversing some of them. From the look of it, even suggesting that a change made by Blizzard is wrong would result in a ban. Truly lame.

Rehevkor said:
I

From the look of it, even suggesting that a change made by Blizzard is wrong would result in a ban. Truly lame.

wow, nice conclusion.

he was banned for breaking the forums rules, and in general causing trouble, not for complaining about the status of the game

Steel Chicken said:
Go into one of the [H]'s Video sub forums, or one of the CPU sub forums and make a post against the forums namesake, same thing will happen. (Go into ATI and say Nvidia owns them for example).

Well obviously, the Ati forum is there for talk about Ati. Posting anything else is just trolling.

bonkrowave said:
I was perma banned. And I was not being sarcastic or patronizing at all. Your argument might have some validity if you didn't lose all credability by swearing and insulting me in this post. There were no flames or trolls until your post.

I also fail to see how I can possibly change the servers blizzard is using. First off they are located in California and second I dont think they would just allow a player to walk right in and start messing with servers.

As a customer paying a monthly fee for a service I have every right to complain on public boards.

:rolleyes:

Okay, I'll play ball. I have the day off from work today and I'm feeling nice, so let's do a play by play of all the things you said in only that first post of yours that would be considered stupid things to do. First, the post:

People are finally starting to come over to "enlightened" side.

I now see people are starting to become as frustrated as I am. Everyone has there line in the sand they draw. I guess more and more people are being forced across there personal ideal.

Join the dark side ... these punny !!!!!! Knights do not stand a chance.

And Caydiem, before you no doubt lock this ... thanks for my ban on friday.

/hug

[ post edited by Bonk ]

What you managed to fuck up, in just those 5 lines:
1. Implying that people who don't share your viewpoint on whatever it is you find it necessary to complain about are "unenlightened," i.e., stupid.

2. Implying that you are somehow at the forefront of some kind of revolution against Wow, or Blizzard, or the mods, or devs, or whatever entity you feel is responsible for whatever problem you find it necessary to complain about. It isn't too difficult to understand that the administrative powers, upon reading this, would interpret it as an ultimatum. Most people don't like ultimatums very much.

3. Calling anybody who doesn't find it necessary to complain about whatever you find it necessary to complain about "!!!!!!s."

4. I'll assume "Knight" is a status on the WoW boards equivalent to "[H]ard|Gawd" here. Prefacing that status with "!!!!!!" implies all the senior members, and therefore the mods as well, fall into the group of "!!!!!!s."

5. Taking an unpersonal ban personally and complaining about it the the rest of the forum, no doubt in an attempt to draw sympathy and imply that the mods are somehow "ban-happy."

6. Implying that the mods will lock any thread they disagree with, when in fact it's because you're violating the rules. This is an insult to the mods.

And, for the record, I didn't flame you. I said you acted like a cock and deserved what you got. I didn't actually call you a cock, despite your insistence to repeatedly act like this, most recently with your "You don't agree with me en masse, I'm leaving forever!" complaint. And I'm sorry if you perceive my disagreement with your plight as "trolling," I'd forgotten that people were entitled to their opinions these days.

here's an idea, how about if you make a post there that ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE to most people, maybe you won't get banned.

finalgt said:
:rolleyes:

Okay, I'll play ball. I have the day off from work today and I'm feeling nice, so let's do a play by play of all the things you said in only that first post of yours that would be considered stupid things to do. First, the post:

What you managed to fuck up, in just those 5 lines:
1. Implying that people who don't share your viewpoint on whatever it is you find it necessary to complain about are "unenlightened," i.e., stupid.

2. Implying that you are somehow at the forefront of some kind of revolution against Wow, or Blizzard, or the mods, or devs, or whatever entity you feel is responsible for whatever problem you find it necessary to complain about. It isn't too difficult to understand that the administrative powers, upon reading this, would interpret it as an ultimatum. Most people don't like ultimatums very much.

3. Calling anybody who doesn't find it necessary to complain about whatever you find it necessary to complain about "!!!!!!s."

4. I'll assume "Knight" is a status on the WoW boards equivalent to "[H]ard|Gawd" here. Prefacing that status with "!!!!!!" implies all the senior members, and therefore the mods as well, fall into the group of "!!!!!!s."

5. Taking an unpersonal ban personally and complaining about it the the rest of the forum, no doubt in an attempt to draw sympathy and imply that the mods are somehow "ban-happy."

6. Implying that the mods will lock any thread they disagree with, when in fact it's because you're violating the rules. This is an insult to the mods.

And, for the record, I didn't flame you. I said you acted like a cock and deserved what you got. I didn't actually call you a cock, despite your insistence to repeatedly act like this, most recently with your "You don't agree with me en masse, I'm leaving forever!" complaint. And I'm sorry if you perceive my disagreement with your plight as "trolling," I'd forgotten that people were entitled to their opinions these days.

I wasn't going to come back but this is crazy.

First off ... you assume way to much. I have already stated I was immature for the first post. The second post .... ever heard of starwars .... because thats all that post was ... a reference to the movie.

People like you read into a simple internet post and twist it to mean something completely different. You have infact grouped two totally different posts together which is just plain not true. Sometimes a post is just a post ... you cant read any deeper into it .. because there is nothing there. That is what the post that got me perma-banned was ... just a post.

So if you all want to twist my words go right ahead. Facts are I was perma banned for the starwars reference. You end your post saying "I forgot people were not entitled to their opinions, well apparently Im not entitled to mine, because I was banned because of the starwars post. You have made entirely too many assumptions and hypocritical statements.

Now go ahead and spread your misinformation based on assumptions.

Everyone who has argued against me has done exactly what I did on the WoW boards. Perhaps you should step back, take a look at your own posts before being hypocritical about mine.

You got exactly what I would have expected. The thread that got you your 24 hour ban absolutely deserved to be locked and deleted. The ban was appropriate - you were out of line. Think of your ban as an effort on the part of Blizzard to improve the forums, and as a warning to you. Let me repeat that - a 24 hour ban is a warning that YOU are being an 'asshat', and that you need to change your ways. Or else.

Instead of taking the hint, you made it personal. The second thread (chronologically) was calling out a moderator. "Caydiem, before you no doubt lock this ... thanks for my ban on friday." What did you expect him to do, turn the other cheek? You're not being constructive, as he says. When you "fight da power", you're always going to lose. You got banned for calling Caydiem out, not for a "Star Wars" reference. That's pure bullshit, and if you honestly believe that yourself, there's nothing any of us can do for you.

The WoW forums gain nothing from your presence, so you've lost access to them. This isn't about Blizzard's servers or overcrowding or how many people were in the beta. This is about your bad decisions and immature posts. Honestly, seeing this kind of thing makes me feel better about the prospect of buying WoW in the next few months. Maybe by the time I buy the game, all the dissatisfied loudmouths will have gotten themselves banned. Or maybe I'll just ignore the forums altogether and play the damn game.

Love, Neuro.

PS MeanieMan, don't steal P-A's bandwidth.

NeuroMaster said:
You got exactly what I would have expected. The thread that got you your 24 hour ban absolutely deserved to be locked and deleted. The ban was appropriate - you were out of line. Think of your ban as an effort on the part of Blizzard to improve the forums, and as a warning to you. Let me repeat that - a 24 hour ban is a warning that YOU are being an 'asshat', and that you need to change your ways. Or else.

Instead of taking the hint, you made it personal. The second thread (chronologically) was calling out a moderator. "Caydiem, before you no doubt lock this ... thanks for my ban on friday." What did you expect him to do, turn the other cheek? You're not being constructive, as he says. When you "fight da power", you're always going to lose.

The WoW forums gain nothing from your presence, so you've lost access to them. This isn't about Blizzard's servers or overcrowding or how many people were in the beta. This is about your bad decisions and immature posts. Honestly, seeing this kind of thing makes me feel better about the prospect of buying WoW in the next few months. Maybe by the time I buy the game, all the dissatisfied loudmouths will have gotten themselves banned. Or maybe I'll just ignore the forums altogether and play the damn game.

Love, Neuro.

PS MeanieMan, don't steal P-A's bandwidth.

You can't infact buy the game right now. Blizzard has stopped shipping copies because the servers are too unstable to accept more people.

I never called out a mod at all. Sometimes what you write is what you mean. I made no negative comments towards a mod. If you want to take my comments as sarcastic .. thats your problem not mine .... I wrote the post, I know what I meant. But if you were to look at any of my posts with sarcastic statements you would notice /sarcasm .. in this case it is not there ... so it is not sarcasm.

Not my problem, I didn't get banned and start crying like a stuck pig. People like you exist for my amusement. Oh wait...

I mean that in the most loving way possible.

If you decree having a differnet opinion as crying so be it. And I fail to see how any of your posts in this thread are any different then any posts I have made, on the WoW boards? If you could explain the difference I would appreciate it.

wow. since when is calling someone an "asshat" okay? Like it or not, it's still an insult. It looks like you were perma-banned because you came back and got smart with the person for banning you before hand, and than proceeded to be a jackass again.

Get over your attitude problem, the forum is there for general use, and not a right of yours. It's a privledge. Also, i saw absolutely no logic in the two threads you linked us to. They were quite pointless.

</thread>

Please read the entire thread and the post which I have made. THe posts I pointed you too were teh reason I was banned. I was not asking for trolling, flamming, etc. I made none of these anywhere in the thread. I explain I wanted an unbias opinion if I was banned legitamitly or not.

Now go read through this thread again ... and tell me who is trolling or flamming. The double standard is pretty obvious to find. Posts on teh interent always lead to flames and trolling as is evident in this thread. Its part of how message boards work. To decree what is natural as wrong ... is mind blowing.

bonkrowave said:
Posts on teh interent always lead to flames and trolling as is evident in this thread. Its part of how message boards work. To decree what is natural as wrong ... is mind blowing.
No, the propensity to abandon all social discretion on the internet is mind-blowing. You flamed and trolled in threads made specifically for those purposes. Why is it such a difficult task to figure out why you were banned?

Besides, "it's natural" is a lousy argument. It's natural to want food, but it's illegal to steal food -- even though that's the best way to get plenty of food. Nobody's crying "Foul!" about that.

bonkrowave said:
Please read the entire thread and the post which I have made. THe posts I pointed you too were teh reason I was banned. I was not asking for trolling, flamming, etc. I made none of these anywhere in the thread. I explain I wanted an unbias opinion if I was banned legitamitly or not.

Now go read through this thread again ... and tell me who is trolling or flamming. The double standard is pretty obvious to find. Posts on teh interent always lead to flames and trolling as is evident in this thread. Its part of how message boards work. To decree what is natural as wrong ... is mind blowing.
Actually, your first initial post was simply slandering Blizzard. Saying they sold their soul to VU is rediculous, and uncalled for. How is VU responsible for Blizzard's server's? I don't know the specifics, but i don't imagine VU is paying for the servers. Though i could be wrong on that one.

Also "To drecree what is natural as wrong... is mind blowing". What in the world are you talking about? You go from sounding like an immature kid, to linking us to posts that you sound like an immature kid, and than to "i decree blah blah blah". You sound like an immature kid - still. You can turn that around and say I do as well, that's fine by me.

I'm sorry if i missed the post where you actually asked a question, but it's hard to keep up with all this. It doesn't seem to go anywhere.

bonkrowave said:
I never called out a mod at all. Sometimes what you write is what you mean. I made no negative comments towards a mod. If you want to take my comments as sarcastic .. thats your problem not mine .... I wrote the post, I know what I meant. But if you were to look at any of my posts with sarcastic statements you would notice /sarcasm .. in this case it is not there ... so it is not sarcasm.

Whether you intended sarcasm or not, the "thanks for the ban" comment ceratinly sounds like it, given the overall tone of the post. It's basically daring the mod to do it again. Tell me honestly that when you wrote that you didn't expect at least another 24hour ban...

Aside from that, calling people "puny !!!!!!s", and "hero of the asshats" will get you banned form just about any forum I've ever been on. Try it here. Then smartmouth the mod when you come back and see how long you last this time.

Whatever legitimate complaints you have will be entirely dismissed if you present yourself in this manner. Make your point intelligently and constructively and then be patient. If the problems could be corrected easily then I'm sure they would have been already. Just because the devs don't give you a play-by-play doesn't mean that they aren't working on it.

Again, be patient. Besides, when has ANY MMORPG not been a total cluster fuck for the first six months or more? If it really pisses you off that much, quit paying them. Sell your game. Sounds like there are plenty of other people that want a copy.

I wouldn't care much about your technical issues after reading those two posts... You called the folks Blizzard "ASSHATs" in your first post, what did you expect?

Dude, your posts were immature flamming and finger pointing, I see no reason for the mods to have NOT banned you.

Stop acting like an immature 12 year old crying cause he was proven wrong and grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back