WoW Need new CD Key for new account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a friend who enjoys playing WoW when they are over on my account. they made a character and have advanced them to level 20. now they want their own account and they want me to transfer that character to it. if they have my copy of WoW installed is all they need to do create a new account? or do they need new cd keys too?

you don't need the cd-key to install the game, you need the key to create the account, so yes they need a new cd-key, also i doubt you'll be able to do a transfer of any kind seeing as there is no service

As stated above, they will need their own cd key. As for transfering the character, you may be SOL.

However, an email to Blizzard support may work. They may be able to move the character.

They're not going to let the transfer happen. If they were to do that, people would start selling level 60 characters on ebay and just transfer them to a new account for whoever wanted it.

Not to meniton in the EULA you agree not to share your account.

Oh, and Lvl 20 takes two days max
tongue.gif

DudeItsMe said:
Not to meniton in the EULA you agree not to share your account.
For this reason, I wouldn't even ask. Not sure how blizzard support is, but I know another MMORPG that used to have accounts banned if they were shared and the DMs found out.

Yeah, I wouldn't bother with trying to transfer, if anything it may start up some trouble.

And as stated above, Level 20 isn't that hard to achieve again, it's barely scratching the surface. If they started a new character, they may get to 20 even quicker since they already know the quests and areas on the way.

Do you still have the 10 day trail cupon that came with your copy of wow? If so you could give that to your friend and let him borrow your cd's to install game. after 10 days he will still need to duy the game and enter that cd key into his account ( I think) or he will be charged the current price of the game his first month. this will let see how easly he can lvl and if he want to continue.

Blizzard currently has no policy concerning moving character between accounts. They have mentioned that will possibly be adding this in the future for a fee, but right now there's not much you can do.

well the friend is actually my girlfriend. she only plays on my computer. when her family got a new pc she wanted to start playing on her own. now this whole fiasco turns up. i thought she would be fine because i had seen people selling characters. but now i realize they were selling accounts. now we seem to be fubared...

so you guys dont think there is any way this can be done?

iopoetve said:
Started playing WoW
Got Fiance into WoW
Meet friends in WoW
Fiance meets friends in WoW.

Friend comes down to spend July 4th here (WoW friend)

fiance fucks friend in car on july 4.
fiance fucks 5 other guys from WoW.
fiance uses WoW account for cyber-sex.

fiance is now ex-fiance.
I don't play WoW anymore.
Just tell her to go play pinball or something. It's safer
tongue.gif
Plus, you'll see her A LOT more.

can anyone plz send me a PM with a acc key so i can play this game i've been waiting 4ever for this game some plz send me one

:) :) :) :)

thx

can anyone plz send me a PM with a acc key so i can play this game i've been waiting 4ever for this game some plz send me one

:) :) :) :)

thx

Have you considered *GASP* paying the $20 for the game?

Not only did you revive a thread over a year old, you're clearly asking for a CD key for something you have not purchased. Not only is it illegal, it's not allowed here.

Oh but maybe if you use a bunch of smileys someone will take pity on you and give you a free handout :):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back