Would you suggest purchasing this card?

p0intblank

Limp Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150102

I'm not too big when it comes to knowing video card knowledge, but I do know how frame rates and resolution are key factors in performance. I run my machine on a Dell 2005FPW 20.1" widescreen display. I want to be able to play all the newest games (HL2, BF2, WoW, etc.) at the highest settings and in 1680x1050 resolution. Judging from the reviews on NewEgg, people seem to be very satisifed. There is the exception of that person, but it doesn't look like he know what he talking about.

Okay, anyway, do you think this is the right card for me? Is there any cheaper card that will give me equal performance? If not, that's okay because I have the money waiting right now in PayPal and can purchase it whenever I am ready.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Mr. Stryker said:
I'd get the BFG. But preferably 7800GTX if you play at that resolution.

Bah, I had a 6600GT and a Dell 2005FPW. Played CS:S at 1680x1050 on high. No AA, and 8xAF, but at 1680x1050, you don't really miss AA. ;)

Don't the 6800's have some bug where they can only run widescreen-DVI at native res? The 6800GT is a fantastic card and should suit you well...but be aware that you may be stuck running at your native res even if performance IS lower than you'd like

Someone clear up that issue if I've got it wrong.

Eva_Unit_0 said:
Don't the 6800's have some bug where they can only run widescreen-DVI at native res? The 6800GT is a fantastic card and should suit you well...but be aware that you may be stuck running at your native res even if performance IS lower than you'd like

Someone clear up that issue if I've got it wrong.

I have a lot of games that do NOT support 1680x1050, and I really don't want to play those in a stretched aspect. Can someone please clear this up for me?

Back