Would this work for me? (Titan X)

So... I expect to get laughed at by some of you... that's ok. I'm looking for realistic expectations before I drop $1200.

I currently have dual 6950's that run 7680x1600 on my triple 30 setup.

My primary games are F1 and Assetto Corsa.

I'm having to run F1 2016 all the way down at this point and still get ~12-15fps.

Any clue as to what I might reasonably get with either base graphics like I have now, or even turn them up a bit?

7680x1600 is around 50% more pixels than 4K, so I would look up 4K performance and divide the framerate by 1.5 to get an estimate.

This video shows an overclocked Pitan X getting around 75 FPS in a full grid race at 4K with all in-game settings at their highest, so I would expect around 50 FPS at 7680x1600 using the same settings.

Just for reference: I get around 120 FPS at 2560x1440 using the same settings. 2560x1440 is about 56% fewer pixels than 4K, so I am getting the expected performance using the logic above (75 FPS * 1.56).

Txp will be like a wet dream coming from the 6950s. In fact any current gpu will do that for you, 1080 etc. However it will depend on your panels. If they don't have display ports it will be very problematic, very.

I have triple U3011's... 95% of my gaming is driving sims with the occasional FPS (Bioshock, Borderlands, etc) I haven't been able to run all 3 displays in a FPS in awhile... frame rate is just too low to be really functional.

Proc is a [email protected], 32gb ram.

Seeing how old my 6950's are... I'll be holding onto this card for a number of years.

With that being said... Titan X or dual 1080's... say... something like an Asus turbo?

Cost is similar....

Last edited:
I have triple U3011's... 95% of my gaming is driving sims with the occasional FPS (Bioshock, Borderlands, etc)

Proc is a [email protected], 32gb ram.

Seeing how old my 6950's are... I'll be holding onto this card for a number of years.

With that being said... Titan X or dual 1080's... say... something like an Asus turbo?

Cost is similar....

That resolution is one situation where 1080 SLI would be a good choice. Your games all support SLI and scale well. The XP will probably get you most of the way to 60fps, but the 1080's will definitely get you there.

U3011 have display ports so you are good. I would not do 1080 sli instead of going single titan.

Looks like F1 2016 or 2015 do not support SLI... fail.

Looks like I'm headed to the Titan X.. but have until noon tomorrow to decide.

Looks like F1 2016 or 2015 do not support SLI... fail.

Looks like I'm headed to the Titan X.. but have until noon tomorrow to decide.

Dude, I still can't believe you are running 6950s!!! For instance, two 6950s = 1 7970. Two 7970s = 1 290x. I was running triple 1080P@144hz. That's a 6MP load to your 12MP load. The high refresh rate I run makes it more similar to a 10MP load ish. I used to push that load with tri-fire 290x Lightnings. Now I run a single TXP. Omfg man, two 6950s? Get that TXP asap. You will shit your pants at the difference.

You can't really go wrong with the Titan X, provided the cost is not prohibitive. High resolutions can be really intensive, though, even for a Titan. I also have a triple-monitor setup (7680x1440) but with dual 1080's. Performance is good, but I will typically have to adjust settings around High levels to get it playable nicely (and the monitors are 144Hz G-Sync, so I'm aiming for around 90 FPS). If you are on 60Hz monitors you'll probably be fine on most games at reasonable settings, just don't expect to be maxing out the most recent games at that resolution. I'm not sure there's anything out there that can do that.

ROFL thesmokingman - yeah.. I know my cards are old... it's always been "good enough" as most of my games have had lower requirements for me to get what I needed out of them when running full resolution. When I play my FPS's I always run on a single screen because of the frame rate. It's just to the point where they aren't enough any more... hence the upgrade.

Anyway... a single TXP has been ordered - thank you all for your input.

Back