Would be nice to be able to search sigs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, would be kinda cool to locate that ancient klingon proverb someone has in their sig. :p I think it might be to much for the search engine so as to keep the search snappy. :D

What useful information has anyone ever had in their sig that would be worth searching for? :confused:

To my knowledge, there is no known hack that will do this, and it is not a standard feature of vBulletin.

There is a search feature in the Admin Control Panel that will match signatures, but I'm sure there is a reason for it not being incorporated into the members search, I just don't know what it is. :p I suppose it needs a too close of a match to complete and it's just not a sought after feature for most users.

MajorDomo said:
There is a search feature in the Admin Control Panel that will match signatures, but I'm sure there is a reason for it not being incorporated into the members search, I just don't know what it is. :p I suppose it needs a too close of a match to complete and it's just not a sought after feature for most users.
You knwo, i never noticed that till now, I know you could always search by Aim, msn, icq, homepage, title, and the typical username, email, COPPA email. but never by sig. heh.

tyderium said:
yeah, would be kinda cool to locate that ancient klingon proverb someone has in their sig. :p
whose sig was that? :p i hope i didn't subconsciously see it in someone else's and put it in mine. but it's definately star trek II material

It woudl be cool to find that one funny line that you can just barely remember, or to see who has quoted you. :)

kleptophobiac said:
Please? Somehow?

NO!

When you NEED to find something and you search for it and you find some jackass has it listed in his sig and he has 15,000 posts....well you get the picture.

No ... that's not quite what I mean. Like a hack that would make it so it would search only the person's sig, and would not look at posts at all. The normal search engine should work exactly the same way as before. :D

tim said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyderium
yeah, would be kinda cool to locate that ancient klingon proverb someone has in their sig. :p

whose sig was that? :p i hope i didn't subconsciously see it in someone else's and put it in mine. but it's definately star trek II material

What kind of mook really cares about posters' system specs?
"Revenge is a dish best served cold." -Old Klingon Proverb
I wish I could find that proverb, if I only could use search to find that sig. I wonder where it is.....hmmm

:D

kleptophobiac said:
No ... that's not quite what I mean. Like a hack that would make it so it would search only the person's sig, and would not look at posts at all. The normal search engine should work exactly the same way as before. :D

I don't see that being done either.....there are certainly other things going on here that need the cycles besides that.

[H]arls said:
What useful information has anyone ever had in their sig that would be worth searching for? :confused:

Clearly you have never seen my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back