Worth it to buy a 6800GT on Employee?

RuchG

Weaksauce
A BFG 6800GT on my employee discount is $355, is it worth it to sell my 9800XT and get it? I am so teetering on the fence lol.

Do it! It'll be the best bang for the buck upgrade you might ever do. I sold my 9800xt on ebay for $320. Sell yours soon before the value goes down more. Can you think of a better upgrade!?!?

I got my $279 PNY today from Compusa and I am loving it. Far Cry runs great and I cant wait for the patch to be released. It overclocks faster than an ultra and scored over 13k on 3Dmark 03 and over 71k on Aquamark3.

You're kidding, can someone explain to me why you would need to upgrade from nearly top of the line? If games struggle at the resolution you play at, maybe. But if you're running games with little problems, don't waste the money.

Wait for benchmarks of Doom 3 before you invest about $150.

TheMessiah said:
You're kidding, can someone explain to me why you would need to upgrade from nearly top of the line? If games struggle at the resolution you play at, maybe. But if you're running games with little problems, don't waste the money.

Wait for benchmarks of Doom 3 before you invest about $150.

No, he'd be upgrading TO nearly top of the line, not from it. :cool:

Teitoku said:
No, he'd be upgrading TO nearly top of the line, not from it. :cool:

Potaato, potahto. It's close enough. I'd just sit on my hands for a little and see the benchmarks to see if it's worth it. The discount will always be there and the chip will still be the same price. If games aren't cripling your system now, you may as well save the money to see if it's even worth it to upgrade.

I'm talking to someone right now that might buy my 9800XT for 300 bucks... this may be fruitful after all... :)

RuchG said:
I'm talking to someone right now that might buy my 9800XT for 300 bucks... this may be fruitful after all... :)

Heck, if you could do that, then I'd grab the GT asap. Didn't know people payed that much, thought they went for around $200-225 used.

Back