Worst Apple product you've ever owned?

It's all about controlling storage to force obsolete the devices in the future, they ve become shameless about this and the retina MacBook pro is the epitome of this.

How is the MPBr the epitome? It includes the SD reader...?

Mini-DP to DVI/VGA adapters. Shit broke ALL the time and it's $30 per. I remember when Apple used to include all the goodies so you didn't feel nickel and dimed to death.

Lol! I bought a $0.99 (+$8 shipping) chinese knocko-offf mDP->VGA adapter and it worked beautifully for 2 years (sold my old MB at that point) if only it fit my MBPr...

How is the MPBr the epitome? It includes the SD reader.

Because the low-end unit has "only" 256GB of SSD storage and it's expensive to upgrade right now, just like the SSD in the Air. I don't think it's a concern, personally, but some people are definitely pissed about it.

Because the low-end unit has "only" 256GB of SSD storage and it's expensive to upgrade right now, just like the SSD in the Air. I don't think it's a concern, personally, but some people are definitely pissed about it.

Meh, personally I store all my files on my server or an external HDD anyway, but yeah, I can see some people being unhappy... I'm sure China will develop an adapter to let us use whatever SSD we want in the MPBr soon though

How is the MPBr the epitome? It includes the SD reader...?

Lol! I bought a $0.99 (+$8 shipping) chinese knocko-offf mDP->VGA adapter and it worked beautifully for 2 years (sold my old MB at that point) if only it fit my MBPr...

We tried some of the Monoprice ones but they ended up being worse than the Apple ones. I mean, it probably was just user error/abuse but still. You'd think they last longer than 6 months. (We just had them zip tied down to conference room tables connected to a VGA/DVI cable, but of course, users will always find ingenious ways to abuse and break things) :p:D

I've had good luck with just about everything. The worst experience was probably with the white macbook as it didn't seem to have the best build quality. That may have just been mine, I don't know. It still served its purpose, though.

mighty mouse, the damn scroll ball in one I had a few years ago quit(even with cleaning). I have to use one at work currently too on a mac pro and a few weeks into the job it only scrolls 1 way.

I've only owned a few iPods, 2 iPads, and an iPhone 4S.
the worst product would be iTunes. I really like the iDevices so no complaints from me on them.

I'd say the apple tv 2/3, only because netflix and streaming from a local server BLOWS compared to other alternatives. Airplay and movies purchased on itunes play great however.

iTunes Match.

Replaced all of my songs with no-cussing versions.

Being the only real Apple product I've ever owned I guess I'd have to say a late model Powerbook G3.

Work gave them to us and I guess it was an OK laptop but it use to crash on the most random stuff...all the time. I don't know if it was faulty or what.

iTunes, at least the Windows version of it. Awfully coded, slow and clunky even on my current PC.

Agree on that 100%. The Mac version is my preferred player. The PC version is crap. I remember the story, years ago, where someone found the Apple help-wanted Ad for the programming position to port it to the PC. They should have held out for a bit more talent.

However, Apple has made worse.

That friggin' Puck mouse. WTH a brilliant man like Jobs was thinking on that one is a mystery. I guess everyone is allowed one Edsel.

Close second: The Powerbook 5300. The ENTIRE thing. From it's bad hinges to it's rubber cusion mod to shove the ram expansion card down into the system board to it's dismal performance to it's.... well, the entire frickin thing was an engineering bust.

These pieces of crap, hands down.
snap45.jpg

With the jellyfish sub, they actually weren't half bad :)

I think the worst one I've ever owned was a first gen ipod touch 16GB. While it still works for the most part the thing that doesn't work anymore is wi-fi. it simply won't work at all. tried many factory resets and software updates (at cost) to no avail.

Asked the guys at the apple store what they could do for me, their response was a little harsh. "We'll give you $10 for trade in credit towards a new one".

I was like forget that... I'll just keep the darn thing :rolleyes:

Haven't used it much since then.

*Edit, now that I think about it that's been the only apple product I've owned.

Last edited:
iPod Touch 4th gen. Actually, a pretty decent device. Except for the screen quality is nowhere near the one of an iPhone 4/S or any AMOLED screen. Also, the iPhone and other phones have pretty much made the iPod Touch redundant. But still, pretty good :)

Apple's Magic Mouse. Led to all sorts or ergonomic problems with that took months to fix (effectively couldn't use a mouse, period, for months and was limited in how I could use the arm). Juxtaposed: the magic trackpad is a truly terrific piece of kit.

Only owned two, 1GB Shuffle 2nd gen and the Apple battery charger.

I say the Shuffle due to it not have an uSD slot and the audio plug failing.

The charger uses re-branded current gen Eneloop batteries, it is also small and compact compared to Eneloop's(Sanyo) offerings which saves space in laptop bags.

Back