World of Warcraft $5 at Amazon

Sp33dFr33k

2[H]4U
Sure you could get it free from seeing the movie but if you're not near a supported theater or aren't planning on going this is a good deal if you've never played or need a new account:

Blizzard has stated that this will include Warlords of Draenor even though the description doesn't say so, players have confirmed it does include WoD.

Note: Blizzard has stated that they have removed the level 90 boost from newly purchased games.

Amazon.com: World of Warcraft - PC/Mac [Digital Code]: Video Games

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Is that level 90 boost removal confirmed? Some other sites have said it's still in there. So I'm totally confused. :confused:

EDIT: Yup, seems the level 90 boost is no longer part of it.

The boost was a part of WoD expansion.
Right now they sell the base game, but once you activate it there are all expansions available, including WoD. But there's no boost.

That was blizzards logic. Since WoD is now included they've removed the boost. The boost to 100 comes when you buy Legion.

Well, I just wasted $5.

You also have to pay a monthly fee. I certainly didn't see that during the purchase process.

Well, I just wasted $5.

You also have to pay a monthly fee. I certainly didn't see that during the purchase process.
It's WoW, of course there is a subscription. Also the description on amazon clearly states
  • World of Warcraft Game
  • Includes Expansion Packs: The Burnings Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria
  • 30 days of free game time included
  • Includes levels 1 through 90
  • Subscription, Internet connection, and Battle.net registration required

So fucking greedy. They realized that current customers might buy it to reduce the cost of boosting so they fucked over new customers.

I hope Activision-Blizzard burns.

Can you use this to add game time to an existing account?

Well, I just wasted $5.

Oh come on Larry, you've been around for a long time. Surely even YOU know that WoW is a MMoRPG with a monthly subscription fee... it's only been like that since the game was released almost twelve years ago. :p

You do get a 30 day free subscription with the deal mentioned above. And IIRC the game is actually free to play up to a certain character level...

Oh come on Larry, you've been around for a long time. Surely even YOU know that WoW is a MMoRPG with a monthly subscription fee... it's only been like that since the game was released almost twelve years ago. :p

You do get a 30 day free subscription with the deal mentioned above. And IIRC the game is actually free to play up to a certain character level...

Never played a RPG befrore. the only subscription game I've played is iRacing.

So fucking greedy. They realized that current customers might buy it to reduce the cost of boosting so they fucked over new customers.

Because you didn't read what you actually bought and made a bunch of assumptions instead? They are pretty fucking clear about exactly what comes with the game when you buy it.

Well, I just wasted $5.

The game is actually free below level 20, which should give you plenty of time to try the game and see if you like it or not. You could create a trial account, level all the way to 20 at your leasure, and then use your $5 copy of the game to upgrade your trial account and level beyond 20 for a month using your free 30 days.

Because you didn't read what you actually bought and made a bunch of assumptions instead? They are pretty fucking clear about exactly what comes with the game when you buy it.
The fuck are you going on about?

I never said they weren't being clear. I said they're greedy sacks of shit, not lying sacks of shit.

The fuck are you going on about?

I never said they weren't being clear. I said they're greedy sacks of shit, not lying sacks of shit.

Maybe you can explain how they are "greedy sacks of shit", and how they "fucked over new customers" for offering WoD as part of the stock game and offering that stock game at a discount? Current customers get WoD for free without buying anything, it already got automatically added to their account for free. Anyone who actually bought WoD still gets their boost, even if they found a copy still for sale somewhere today and bought it. It's just the people who got WoD for free as part of the base game that don't get all the free perks that people who paid full price for the expansion got. Sound greedy to me :rolleyes:

It's just the people who got WoD for free as part of the base game that don't get all the free perks

That was my point. Potential new players from this deal don't get the boost and will likely quit as a result. All because Blizzard was too greedy to just include it anyways and potentially let current players use it for a cheap boost.

Literally nobody is paying full price for WoD and they know it, hence the firehouse sale.

That was my point. Potential new players from this deal don't get the boost and will likely quit as a result. All because Blizzard was too greedy to just include it anyways and potentially let current players use it for a cheap boost.

Literally nobody is paying full price for WoD and they know it, hence the firehouse sale.

Then they're all upset about nothing, really, as leveling from 90 to 100 is super easy and doesn't take much time at all. Otherwise, I believe you can return unopened software...

Then they're all upset about nothing, really, as leveling from 90 to 100 is super easy and doesn't take much time at all. Otherwise, I believe you can return unopened software...

And what about leveling from 1 to 90?

So, the game comes with 30 days of gametime, in theory, that is a steep discount on the $15/month rate.

You don't even need to buy the game to play it for free. Just get Battle.net and an account and you can download the full game to play up to level 20 without spending a dime (beyond the bandwidth used).

You don't even need to buy the game to play it for free. Just get Battle.net and an account and you can download the full game to play up to level 20 without spending a dime (beyond the bandwidth used).

The only downside to the free version (if they haven't changed it) is that you can't interact with others too much. Primarily you can't trade with others or use the auction house. If you are wanting to get in to the game by yourself just to see how the interface and game play is, then you should be fine. But if you want to play with a friend, spending the $5 will make the experience much better...I wouldn't spend $20, but $5 is worth it.

So, the game comes with 30 days of gametime, in theory, that is a steep discount on the $15/month rate.

I don't believe you can use that 30 days on an already existing account, only when you either create a new account or upgrade a trial.

Back