Worklog: My New M3A2 Mini

updawg

Gawd
So I bought CMadki4's M3A2 Mini custom case and had some time last night to put it together. I only have these two pictures I snapped with my phone but I'll follow up with more later. You can look at CMadki4's worklog here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1769885

Parts Used:
i7-4770s - (Delidded via vice method and the Intel's stock thermal paste was replaced)
Samuel 17
Asus ROG ITX
Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB
Zotac GTX 650 Low Profile
PicoPSU 160XT
Cougar 140mm Fan
2x4GB Patriot Ram (will be replaced with 16GB Crucial ballistix low profile)

zp2x5lC.jpg

UK93uYx.jpg

qs2U2Vg.jpg

hKe3Qtk.jpg

ct5xW3M.jpg

2hl4mJ7.jpg

5ccfi3A.jpg

IHpg6QK.jpg

wDIWxQh.jpg

DGucBiu.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good!

The power button is located at the top of the case. Would it not fit with in in the orientation? I know when I had my system it the case the back of the power button just cleared the picoPSU/24pin.

Hope you enjoy that little case!

The power button doesn't clear the daughter board on the ROG ITX I found switching the orientation worked, I will either leave it like this or try to find another power button that is shorter. Thanks for the great case!

I've got a shorter switch I can send you, but it is stainless steel and no LED ring. I wouldn't be able to powder coat it, but you could probable spray it. That might work.

CMadkid4: on the first power switch that is in the case currently I noticed it has a USB header. I was so confused when I saw this, but it actually powers on the computer. How is this possible? And does it work on all motherboards? Lastly, why aren't all power buttons configured this way, instead of using that annoying header with 10 really small pins.

It looks a lot like a USB header, but the pin out is different. It fits the pin layout of most any motherboard front panel header. Though, I'm sure there are some motherboards that differ. But it is really nice to have just 1 plug for the power switch, power LED and HDD LED (if applicable).

CMadki4: You wouldn't happen to have any full sized M3A2 prototypes to sell would you ;)

Created an album with more photos.

Some notes:

Used Sandisk 240 Extreme instead of the 840 pro as that was used in another build.
The RAM is now the Crucial Ballistic instead of the Corsair Vengeance.
The power button was swapped out thanks to CMadki4 as he sent me another shorter one.

http://imgur.com/a/QruY4

33idle

80 when running Intel burn in on the highest setting for 10 runs, high 50s low 60s when playing a game.

Back