Wooden Wrist Rests Yah or Nah?

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
I never liked padded wrist rests most of them are just gimmicks I tried making a wooden one myself but failed pretty hard I don't have the tools or planer to make one just right.The Best wrist rests I used are from Corsair Keyboard but most of them are attachable to the keyboard it'self I know they make Magnetic ones but I have a thing against Corsair keyboards if you spill anything on them they short out unless it's the spill proof membrane stuff so I'm using Logitech now.

Last edited:
Wrist rests aren't good for your wrists. Your keyboard should be at the edge of the surface it's on and your wrists should float in the air. If you need to rest your wrists, put your hands in your lap where they can really rest. /ergorant

Not everyone has the same setup I'm fine with low profile keyboards but regular keyboards require adjustments.

I wish more keyboards had front stands or feet I really liked those on my Old Corsair k60

Last edited:
I have the Brown switches which are pretty hard to press I think in combo with my Chair I'm having problems. I didn't know it had brown switches when I bought it.

Yeah, that setup is anti-ergo. Bring the keyboard to the edge. Keep your elbows by your side. That long reach is gonna mess up your shoulders, and not floating your wrists is gonna mess those up. Bring the monitor closer to your face. If you're a youngin', you can do whatever and your body won't complain too much, but develop good habits so you can keep computing as you get older. Tenkeyless is nice to avoid a reach for the mouse though.

I adjusted my arm rest out then higher up in my chair so I have more leverage that seemed to help plus putting the keyboard closer to the edge like you said going to ditch my keyboard mouse pad see if that helps. These brown switches are just hard to press though lol I thought I would like them.

Last edited:
I think my shoulders are kinda wrecked from Work and sleeping on my side in bed excessive perusing a career in comicbooks for like two decades which is just me hunched over a drawing board for hours on end. I took up Yoga though recently and that helped alot.

My logi G613 has a built-in rest, but honestly, my hands are so big & my fingers are so long that I rarely ever touch it in normal, everyday use....

My other half swears it is the most comfortable one she has ever used, but she has average/normal girl-sized hands, so there's that :D

Back