Woah!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

y3k

Weaksauce
Do you guys get the cash to build these fucking awesome rigs? Man I see things here that makes my jaw drop, is it like you guys have good jobs? Rich family? Money savers? Finally cracked the piggy bank since 10 years? Pulled strings to get free stuff? How do you get the cash for the nice stuff in your sigs.

If it's a job, what type?

Work... then instead of paying a car loan I drive used lol and spend the car note amount on Electronics lol... so when my piece of shit car breaks down I can still run 3dmark on my rig...

Like the poster above.. you get money. Everybody knows the basic idea behind earning money

Do well in highschool -> Go to a nice University and graduate in something you love to do -> Get a job -> Earn money -> Put together nice rig -> Register for hardforums -> Insert specs into your sig -> Post in this thread.

"I'm telling you, it's jobs. We gotta get jobs. Then we get the khakis. Then we get the chicks"
-Quote taken from Basketball. Greatest movie of '99.

I've worked for my parents during the summer to save up for my parts. It has been a long process, since October last year. Sophomore in HS, so money is scarce. lol

First you get da sugar.
Then you get da money.
Then you get....da women

I'm underage, lmao. I worked most of winter, all of spring, most of the summer and for ~$6.50 /hr. Trust me, not easy, lmao.

I saved and saved and saved and blew ~$1700 on my current rig, of course it wouldn't cost that much to make this rig now, but that was about 2 months ago.

Ugh. Not having a girlfriend helps :(

My dad spent 500$ on my rig. Mostly for school accomplishments. And my brother bought some other parts for my birthday. I have to buy new stuff from now on. Since they got me everything to get me started.

Guide to Saving for a Gamers Rig!

#1) You can't have a girlfriend.
#2) Get a decent job with no attractive girls (see #1)
#3) Work your ass off but don't fuck up school.
#4) ??
#5) Profit = Gamer Rig.

It was a little different in my case. My girlfriends dad fronted me $1500 for my first rig and I just paid him off in installments. Since then, I've just been saving up and upgrading as the months go by.

First true gamers rig:

AMD Athlon s939 4200x2 @ stock
2GB Apacer DDR PC3200
MSI K8N Diamond Plus
XFX 7600GT XXX Edition
HEC WinPower 550w PSU

then a few months later...

AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.9ghz w/ Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
2GB OCZ Platinum DDR PC3200
MSI K8N Diamond Plus
Nvidia 7900GT Reference Board
HEC WinPower 550w PSU
Lian Li PC-60 Plus II

then...a few more months later

See sig.

LOL, I don't get it, why did you say don't get a job with attractive girls, I know you can't have a girlfriend but you can still be their friend.

LOL, I don't get it, why did you say don't get a job with attractive girls, I know you can't have a girlfriend but you can still be their friend.

They are money sucking whores until you get married.. then they dont suck anymore :eek:, but keep taking your money anyways.

They are money sucking whores until you get married.. then they dont suck anymore :eek:, but keep taking your money anyways.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!

Thats sig material right there. And one poster said that you need a job with not hot girls? Lmao, I worked at falcon computers and man.....unless you have a fetish for fat chicks you won't be impressed.

If you're an adult with a steady income, unless you're living beyond your means, it's pretty easy to save up... I mean, you can get a nice system for a grand or two... You don't have to make much per year to save that up easily.

I mean, even if you only make 25k a year, set aside 4% of your income and you can buy $1,000 per year of parts...

Or, I'm sure some people are putting them on credit card and making payments. Not that I recommend that, unless it's interest free...

Even easier if you live at home and have a job. Very easy to save money that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back