Wireless printing problem, help?

Glaucus

n00b
Hello, haven't been to this forum for a while, but I came across a problem recently and thought this to be the best place to get some feedback. Also, I was not sure where to put something like this on the forum... Here is my problem.

My network is as follows...

ISP
-Modem (Arris DG860)
-Computer (Windows 10)
-Router (Cisco Linksys E2500)
-Misc. Wireless Devices
-Printer (HP Photosmart 5520)

(the above did not indent the way that I wanted to, sorry!)

What I'm trying to show there is that my modem has an Ethernet connection to my computer, and to my router. I then have my wireless devices connect to the router.

I have my printer (HP PhotoSmart 5520) connected to the router wirelessly. However, when I try to print something from my computer, the printer does not appear on my list of devices to use.

I have attempted to add the printer to the Printers & scanners Settings pages but have not had any luck.

It seems that despite my printer being connected to my network, my computer is not able to find the printer, how can I fix this?

Any feedback on this would be appreciated! Thank you.

Equipment:
Modem (Arris DG860)
Router (Cisco Linksys E2500)
Printer (HP Photosmart 5520)
Computer (Windows 10)

If you have your modem connected to your PC and then connected to the WAN/Internet port of your E2500, your computer and wireless devices are most definitely not on the same network.

You need to have your E2500 connected to the modem, and all devices on your network needs to be connected to your router.

Hey Cmustang87, thank you, thank you, thank you, for reminding me of a basic principle in getting this stuff set up.

Printer works just fine once it and my PC are connected to the same router, thank you again.

Hey Cmustang87, thank you, thank you, thank you, for reminding me of a basic principle in getting this stuff set up.

Printer works just fine once it and my PC are connected to the same router, thank you again.

You are very welcome. Glad it's working now!

Back