Wireless newb...

That Dlink router will most likey be fine. I've had a Dlink 713p for probably 2+ years and have never had a problem with it.

i have the dlink b wireless router (for about a year now) and it works great, have been using the wireless part for about 1 month (just got a laptop :D) and it works great not having any problems with it at all.

I have the Dlink DI-614+ 802.11b router, and it has worked quite well for me. Unless you plan massive amounts of file transfer, 11 mpbs is quite sufficient for most home networking needs. FYI, the model I mentioned actually has a doubled rate of 22 mbps available if you only use Dlink equipment.

Last time I checked, Dlink had finally made a WPA update available for that model, in case you're curious.

In short, given my experiences with a similar Dlink product, I'd say that particular one should work well. -- Paul

I second the Netgear G. I am using the G series and I am very impressed. I have never lost a signal.

With the D-Link, a few customers that purchased that model came back wanting to change brand because it stopped working out of nowhere. These are mostly the B series tho.

Alex

Originally posted by Chelica
I second the Netgear G. I am using the G series and I am very impressed. I have never lost a signal.

With the D-Link, a few customers that purchased that model came back wanting to change brand because it stopped working out of nowhere. These are mostly the B series tho.

Alex

I did have a problem with dropping when I first got mine, but once I upgraded the firmware it was fine.

D-link router will be fine. But if you just want to surf the net and are not worried about file sharing, go for a b standard. It will be just as good as the g (only intenet sharing). I have a netgear g standard and it works fine most of the time. I have lost signals on my laptop a few times but besides that it works fine. Hope this helps

Back