Wireless network and wired network on the same IP range?

obviouslytom

Fully [H]
Lets see if I can make sense of this: I have a wired network that has an IP range of 192.168.1.xxx. I also have Google Wifi in the house that has an IP range of 192.168.86.xxx. I have an issue with wireless devices seeing wired ones and the same with the opposite. Is there a way I can fix this? I can't get my wireless printed to be found by my desktop no matter what I do. I try to ping the IP of it and it always times out.

You’ll have to put your Google WiFi APs in bridge mode (which disables the mesh feature and kill performance if you have more than one AP), or you’ll have put your wired devices on the 86 side of the network.

You’ll have to put your Google WiFi APs in bridge mode (which disables the mesh feature and kill performance if you have more than one AP), or you’ll have put your wired devices on the 86 side of the network.
I have 3 google wifi points in the house. One is physically plugged into the network and the other 2 are in bridge mode. So based on what you are saying, I should go into my switch and change the IP range there to start with 192.168.86.xxx and everything should work out. Everything on the wired side would have to be restarted or have their IP's refreshed, but I am wondering if that will cause any issues with stuff that goes out, like my plex server?

The google wifi plugged into your switch should have an IP on the 192.168.1.x network. The wireless devices already have a path there as that's their default Your wired devices do not have a route to the 192.168.86.0 network. You would need to to put a static route for 192.168.86.0/24 that points to that IP on either on your router or on every wired device that you want to access that network.

It should probably be Modem -> GWifi -> switch -> wired network.. That way GWifi handles all the routing. Hard wire your switch (or router in bridge mode) to the GWifi.

Back