Wireless Mouse & Keyboard - So many options

Werthan

Weaksauce
Hi all. I am trying to decide on a wireless mouse and a wireless keyboard (does not need to be a set). I love my DiNovo keyboard because it is slim, and like my MX Laser mouse. However, I now have to transfer each to work, so I will be getting new ones for home.

Price isn't really a problem. I was heading for the Performance MX mouse and a Logitech keyboard, but this site has once again opened a bunch of options (and I have tried searching).

For keyboards, the Enermax keyboards look nice (including the Acrylux), as does the Logitech K340. Moreover, I just want something comfortable, thin, quiet, and with a standard layout (i.e., unergonomic or sunken).

On the mouse front, it seems even harder. I like the look of the Performance MX, but the Razer Mamba is pretty cool too. Is one better than the other?

Thanks as always.

Uh, ok. Anyone else??? Sorry, but I am really looking for people that have owned both mice and have a solid opinion on the keyboard. Thanks and have a good weekend all.

I own the wireless enermax acrylux and the razer mamba. (But I've only owned them for about 4 days)

It is the very first wireless setup I've ever used so I don't have anything else to compare it to.

The keys on the enermax have a pretty short travel, something I was not used to coming from a G11. Also the spacing between keys seems "different" somehow because I make a lot of typographical errors when touch typing. The other thing is that door of the battery cover seems pretty flimsy. It flexes pretty easily but since it's on the bottom it probably won't be a big deal. It also uses 2 AAA's as opposed to 3 as some websites say. It's nice looking and very very thin for a desktop keyboard. I like the way it looks

But there is a pretty big problem I find with it. The range of the wireless receiver is awful. I don't know if this is normal amongst all 2.4 ghz wireless input devices, but a distance of 3 feet gives a noticeably input lag. 5 feet in unusable. At 2 feet or less, it feels like a regular keyboard.

I can't play street fighter on it because of input lag. Yea.. i know. Don't laugh. I'm a keyboard player.

My wife can't tell the difference though for typing purposes. it's only for games where millisecond input lag can absolutely ruin the experience.

The mamba is great. My only complaint about it is that the docking station is pretty big. I'd have preferred a nano receiver for it. I don't seem to have the range issues on this device as i do on the keyboard

Hope this helps!

Very helpful, thank you. I will look into the Mamba instead. Thanks for the advice on the Enermax.

Also, does anyone know what the keyboard is in this picture: http://www.engadget.com/photos/dell-goes-pro-with-27-inch-ultrasharp-u2711-wqhd-lcd-monitor-hands-on.

I was reading a Hardforum post related to that Dell monitor when I saw it. It looks fairly nice, although it may be a media center keyboard. Just curious.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=016

Back