Wireless corruption wtf

oldpablo

Supreme [H]ardness
So I have an odd issue I've never seen before. I have a wireless N network and I just setup a machine with one of my usb adapters that I've used before without issue. However now for some reason, lots of webpages I go to are scrambled code and anything I download doesn't execute, aka it either errors out or just does nothing. If I plug in a cable to the router everything works fine. Here's where it gets odd, I tried a second USB adapter and it's the same thing. Is there a tool anywhere I can use to isolate and verify this issue?

Couple of things I'd try....

Hard reset of the router/AP
Latest firmware installed on it
Ensure it's not running some proprietary "turbo" mode
Ensure it's not sitting on/near something that can cause issues...example...like right on top of a subwoofer (which has a huge magnet inside). I've actually seen this cause problems more than once. ;)

Router/AP plugged into a good quality surge strip? Maybe it's toast.

Forgot to mention that I have a third USB adapter in use on my media center and that it appears to be working fine, but I'll go try the same things on it in case it's having the same issue and I haven't noticed it.

Sounds like it's the TCP/IP stack on your computer, since the MCE box works.
It sounds like garbage is getting written into your driver's memory space.
ETA: You would think garbaged TCP packets would fail packetlen checks.

Boot from a USB LiveCD of some sort and try the wireless out on "teh Lunix", see if it does the same thing.

Back