Wire ties or Heatshrink

Wire Ties or Heatshrink

• Wire Ties all the way.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Heatshrink, wire ties are for chickens...

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Don't care if either one is chosen

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Don't touch that PSU!

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Finsta

Gawd
Which one to use? I cannot decide on either wire ties or heatshrink. Both have their cons and pluses. Fellow [H]'ers, help me decide. :D

*people start banging on the table with beer mugs in hand*
Wi-er ties, wi-er ties, wi-er ties.

I use heatshrinks when possible, however I have run accross occasions when heatshrinking was too much of a pia to get on, so used zipties.

For the PSU, heatshrinks. For everything else, if already with the connectors, wireties.

[null vote]

I used both. The black heatshrink doesn't always stay in place when I have to yank on a molex (sooo glad I have Vantec easy-sqeeze's now), so I bought 100 pack of black plastic mini-ties to put around the sleeve/shrink tubing. Also, something to note - ties can be taken off/put on very easily, but shrink tubing is very hard to get on after reassembling...I'd say shrink first.

come on wayne.

hes using to sleeve (loom tie shrink wut ever you wanna call it) his power cables you should know that in your smart case mod brain

Car or boat?

In other words, what are you talking about? They both have their uses and I use them both all the time. One isn't necessarily better than the other.

DRJ1014 said:
come on wayne.

hes using to sleeve (loom tie shrink wut ever you wanna call it) his power cables you should know that in your smart case mod brain

Oh a PSU. I thought he just meant in general.

Heatshrink.

Back