WinXP 64bit

darktiger

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2007
So does anyone have the full version yet? How does it run? I saw them selling it on NewEgg, so I was just wondering...

Okay, I am not crazy. But they took it off. I saw it, and clicked on it too. Weird they removed it real fast.

Thank you for saving me. Yeah NewEgg said 72hours special also. Weird...

Read the article on it before you plunk down your money.

Bottom line on games now: It's a wash.

Bottom line on games in the future: Depends if the game developers code for 64-bit. Otherwise it's just emulated.

Yeah, but I wonder how it handles things like Photoshop, etc....

darktiger said:
Thank you for saving me. Yeah NewEgg said 72hours special also. Weird...
Don't you love it when people are so eager to disagree, they don't even both to find out if they are right or not?

don't care...he's still crazy (you don't know him like I do)...XP64 or not

I'm running it, and I like it a lot. I find that my system has increased in speed a whole lot, and yes it has broken somethings(Even my favorite app) but it is not enough to make me want to format back to windows xp pro 32 bit.

Windows XP64 - I've been running the full version for 3 weeks and something to take note is every driver has to be written in 64bit. This is an extream pain in the rear. It is much like when windows 2000 first came out. No, drivers for anything. Most importantly printers, scanners, and TV cards.

So, unless you have built in drivers for your printer in XP32 don't plan on them in Xp64.

Directron now shows as in stock. I went ahead and ordered a copy.

Luckily for me I don't print from my home PC and all my hardware (disk controllers, video card, sound card, chipset, NIC) are supported.

I remember I signed up to trade in my copy with M$ the day the link was made public, and I haven't heard back yet. I have obtained another copy =) But yea because of lack of LEAP authentication software, I couldn't use it for my laptop. I planned on doing it on my desktop, but then I assumed no TV card or Printer drivers are available, so I didn't even bother installing it.

Back