Windows7 RTM available to MSDN Partners . . .

. . . . but don't try to download it yet . . . sheesh . . . I'm only getting 27KBps. When I started it before bed last night I was at least pulling ~250KBps. Everyone and their MSDN brother is downloading this thing. :(

msdn.jpg

By captcolonoscopy at 2009-08-07

Download from the Top Downloads section with the recommended download maganer. I was getting close to 2.0mb/sec instead of 30kb/sec

. . . . but don't try to download it yet . . . sheesh . . . I'm only getting 27KBps. When I started it before bed last night I was at least pulling ~250KBps. Everyone and their MSDN brother is downloading this thing. :(

msdn.jpg

By captcolonoscopy at 2009-08-07

Kind of sad that they don't use any sort of technology like Bittorrent in order to help this along. Even companies like Blizzard use bittorrent now.

37.8K/sec... and it's been running since about an hour after the news was released it was available on Technet. Sheesh. ;)

Download from the Top Downloads section with the recommended download maganer. I was getting close to 2.0mb/sec instead of 30kb/sec

See, I tried that and no matter which version I try to download it errors out with the Akamai downloader. I just tried again and it does the same thing over and over and over again. I fail at downloading. :confused:

Interesting. I d'loaded the Professional version at 800 kb/sec. Completed no problem :D

Tried the Home Premium. Same as everyone else about 40 kb/sec :eek:

See, I tried that and no matter which version I try to download it errors out with the Akamai downloader. I just tried again and it does the same thing over and over and over again. I fail at downloading. :confused:

The downloader won't work with an authenticating proxy (it picks up the proxy info from IE, but doesn't auth). I created an anon access rule and was able to dl.

was hoping it would be on the action pack site, isnt.

o well wait a few months.

The downloader won't work with an authenticating proxy (it picks up the proxy info from IE, but doesn't auth). I created an anon access rule and was able to dl.

I'm at home sitting behind an Untangle box, no proxy action here. Tried on my Vista Ultimate RC box and my WHS and get the same results with the Akamai downloader. FTM gives me the same ~30KBps download on both boxes when downloading the home premium x64 iso. Oh well. I don't really have time to screw with it today anyway. Just hope my download works after its all said and done . . . .

I downloaded Win7 Pro x86 and x64 last night around 9PM EST and was getting about 1500KB/sec.
I downloaded Win 7 Ultimate x64 around 7AM EST this morning and averaged almost 2800KB/sec

is anybody willing to share? I would like to get copy of it because I only got the Win 7 RC right now.

Downloaded Win7 x86 and x64 Ultimate from work yesterday at 11MB/sec. I love my Gig link at work.

May I ask how that can be piracy there if I get a key from microsoft it wouldn't be piracy correct me if I am wrong.

incase If I get ripped about it I was just saying that "if you get a key from microsoft" it wouldn't be piracy.

That's what's known in the software world as piracy sir, and we dont respond well to that around these parts. :p

Last edited:
May I ask how that can be piracy there if I get a key from microsoft it wouldn't be piracy correct me if I am wrong.

Because the RC keys aren't license for the RTM versions (yes you do have to get a seperate key for the these) and anything acquired through MSDN/Technet are licensed for use to only the subscriber.

That being said. I am a bit surprised at the amount of people posting about getting their hands on the RTM. There seems to be a lot more msdn and technet subscribers than I thought. :p

There seems to be a lot more msdn and technet subscribers than I thought. :p

I'm not surprised at all. Most members of the board work in IT and get it through work. Also this is an enthusiast board, $350/$250 a year for evereything Technet offers is worth it, x10.

^Get an MSDN subscription

My Win 7 Enterprise x64 ISO is downloaded and ready for next week :D

I started my download and went to bed, woke up and it was done. So it couldn't have been going THAT slow. W7 x64

Back