Windows XP will not boot???

amohedas

Limp Gawd
Last night I installed some new software and when I tried to restart my computer after the install windows XP home would not load. Instead I got a black screen with white text reading...

"....A problem has occurred...Windows was not properly shut down....
Start Windows in Safe Mode
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Something Else

Start Windows in Safe Mode Windows normally"

No matter which method I select the window's splash screen loads for a second and then the computer restarts and I get the same message as above. I tried booting from the windows cd but I can't seem to figure out how to repair the install. I think I may possibly have a bad drive sector because earlier last night I was denied access from a drive sector.

Does anybody have any suggestions for me.

Thanks

Not even Safe Mode?

Which software did you install?

If you can boot up using the option that says using Older Settings That Worked, try that. Does it give you any sort of error message once you select an option?

I tried rebooting using the option "last settings that worked" but it still won't boot. When I choose a method for restarting it begins to load a bunch of files, but gets stuck on one "d##.something". I don't remember off the top of my head. I'll have to go home and read it again.

Copy the file name down and then repair it using the Repair Console on your Windows XP CD.

When I try to boot the system using any of the safe mode methods, the computer begins loading files. Most of these files end with the directory "system32/drivers".

However, when it tries to load, the file named d347bus.sys freezes and the computer restarts. How do I use the Windows repair function to repair this file? Can I do so even if it's on a bad sector?

Ok I figured out how to use the windows restore console, but I keep getting an access denied warning when I try to access c:\windows\system32\drivers\d347bus.sys and delete it.

Sorry, this is beyond my capabilities. I will find out for you though.

Thanks for the help. I am running chkdsk right now to see if I have some errors and hopefully boot into windows to delete that file.

Apparently the file is used by deamon tools as a virtual scsi driver. A lot of people have been having problems with it.

I will update when I figure something out.

Thanks Again@

Back