Windows XP Problem

skinegibbs

Limp Gawd
untitled98.jpg

That little toolbar got on the top and it just REALLLY REALLLLLY irritates me , anyone know how to fix it?

Ha, I'm not sure how you even got that but I set my folders all on Pre-Windows XP folder style (plain hardcore folder directory). I'm not sure but maybe right-click on the top of your toolbar and click customize. Maybe there's something there that will remove it.

-J.

Try copying them out and then delete the folder and recreate it. Or open a folder that doesn't have any issues, go into folder properties and click the "Apply to All Folders" button to see if it resets it. Looks like its related to XP's ability to customize folders (customize tab of folder properties).

Nope. It's like that throughout my computer. Where abouts in phoenix do ya live btw?

Right Click in the folder and select customize this folder. Then remove customizations.

i tried putting it all back to default .. nothing. And its not this only folder , its my whole computer.

Head to system properties, advanced tab, performance settings, visual effects tab and uncheck-apply-recheck the "Use common tasks" box. Have all explorer windows closed at the time. I live north-side near the 101, but if I get more specific I might get stalked by [H] because of my always excellent advice and perspective in these forums.

You're sure huh? Why does that scare me... Try the above again but maybe try rebooting before you turn it back on. Also found these two articles.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812003&Product=winxp
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=819028

They aren't fixes, but are educational somewhat about configuring that type of thing. Sometimes you get a good idea about where to attack from education articles. Since I haven't seen your machines symptoms firsthand I don't know if they will help you or not. The option to increase the number of folders windows remembers the customizations for was an interesting one for me. I've configured stuff and then had them lose setting over time and always wondered why.

K ill try that

LOL , well the 101 is only like a mile away from me and i have a apartment here on 19th and a house on 35th and beardsley.

Back