Windows Update

Keith130

Limp Gawd
When ever I run the windows update it gives me a page telling me that "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page." It has done this for a while but I havn't been bothered to try and do any thing about it, is this common?

I have never recieved an error an windows update just opened fine for me.

Keith130 said:
When ever I run the windows update it gives me a page telling me that "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page." It has done this for a while but I havn't been bothered to try and do any thing about it, is this common?
I had the same problem about 3 months ago and tried everything possible to fix it. I did a search on the Windows help site for the error and tried all their suggestions. I deleted *.dll's and other non sense.
Eventually a format fixed my problem. ;)

I did think about a reinstall but my latest one isnt that old and it is uncharacteristically stable :eek: !

well you could try removing the active X control it uses and then letting it reinstall, you can do this by browing into your windows directory and then into "downloaded program files" all active X scripts are stored there. List what you have in there.

Back