Windows Mobile 6.1 vs Gmail...

Mekanic01

Gawd
And Gmail is kickin my ass.

I've got the account setup, and I'm setup right now to read my gmail either on my BlackJackII, my pc with Outlook, or web on gmail site.

If I delete a message from my phone, it deletes from my gmail account, and I'm planning on being gone for a few days in the near future. While I want access to my email on the go, I also don't want to clutter my phone. BUT, I still want to have the messages on my gmail for a later date.

So the question is, how do I delete email from my phone, but not from gmail?

There should be an option somewhere to leave a copy of the message on the server..

Not positive with 6.1 since I let it delete messages off the server. My phone auto clears itself off after 3 days so no clutter.

In your Gmail settings on the actual website, you need to go into your Forwarding and POP/IMAP settings and make it so the little drop down box says "keep Gmail's copy in the inbox". For WM6.1 that will work fine under Mobile Outlook without anything being deleted off the server when you delete messages from your phone, or at least it works properly for me. You may also want to check deeper in your Mobile Outlook options to make sure it isn't telling it to delete from the server as well. There are different builds of the WM6.1 OS that could have different settings for Mobile Outlook.

I can freely delete anything in Outlook without it touching my Gmail. It's only when I delete from the phone that I have problems. Thank you.

EDIT: Ok, it was already set to keep a copy in the Gmail inbox. Still not working right. Have you or are you using GMail Mobile?

Do you have IMAP enabled, or disabled?

EDIT: Sigh, nevermind, that doesn't seem to matter.

lol i have the same issue. its annoying as hell but at least it just puts stuff in the trash and not permanently deletes it.

if anyone has a fix please help us

I exclusively use Gmail and access it via Opera on my HTC touch Pro. I don't have to mess with Outlook or any of that other worthless crap. Also, I don't have to worry about mucking up settings.

Are you able to just access your Gmail through your browser? I am assuming you have net access on your phone. If so, just open up Gmail as a web page and nothing will be cluttering your phone. :)

Ive used Outlook on my HTC PPC 6800 and it synced with my gmail just fine. Just remember to enable POP3 in gmail.

Ok, in the process of setting up a mail account on the phone, I stumbled on the setting to leave messages on the server.

Thanks for the suggestions.

i never was able to get my smtp working on WM, anyone know what port google uses? im lazy

I just told my Fuze not to delete off the server and it left my mail online. I probably at one point did the leave a copy on as W1retap suggested in the past for my old phones.

I sometimes view it through the web but its easier to just let the phone download my mail without me needing to log into anything.

Have you checked for any phone updates to the Mobile outlook version that might let it work?

My BlackJack uses the XM mail program, works pretty good. Don't think I have Outlook on it.

i have WM 5.0 (motorola q) and i had to create a new email account for my phone on gmail. i then forward all my mail to my phone's email address, and i pull from that so it doesn't effect my main email. only problem, i can't reply to the original sender. for me, it works because it allows me to check my email all the time. if i need to reply then i'll sign in via the browser.

Back