Windows Boot Issue

drako

2[H]4U
I was trying to clean up a computer that was infested with malware. I installed AVG Free and it found a good 100 viruses and trojans. After I let it clean the computer up I restarted it and when it booted it stopped at loading the wallpaper and tells me that explorer.exe has "failed to initialize properly." Opening the task manager and forcing explorer as a new task results in the same error.

It loads up fine in Safe Mode, but I'm not sure how to correct this error for a normal boot. Any info would be appreciated.

well there can be alot of reasons.,. you didnt mention anything about getting rid of spyware and such..but either way... if a system is/was that corrupt.. its a waste of time IMO to even try..wipe it and reload it... try and save any data files but otherwise... a cleansweep is needed

hulksterjoe said:
well there can be alot of reasons.,. you didnt mention anything about getting rid of spyware and such..but either way... if a system is/was that corrupt.. its a waste of time IMO to even try..wipe it and reload it... try and save any data files but otherwise... a cleansweep is needed

I agree here but if you absolutely want to fix it without clean install you could try a repair install from the cd as well..

Back