Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (Requires .edu email)

Windows 8 Pro Upgrade

Use code 'EMCYTZT4498' at checkout.

Requires a valid .edu email address.

Probably the best deal you're going to get pre-8.1

5CovJtr.jpg

Last edited:
Best deal, unless you have an .edu affiliation and access to DreamSpark.

I can already get the 8.1 RTM free through DreamSpark and my school.

Saw this a few mins ago and had to jump on it. Great deal.

ever since my newegg account been hacked i been having trouble buying from newegg.

it keep declining a cc that is valid. works in other sites but newegg just wont accept it

Is it known how much 8.1 will cost?

Also, does anyone know how many systems one of these keys is good for? Like, can I have it on two machines at once?

Or, if I rebuild my server with a new Mobo can I reinstall with the same key?

Also, does anyone know how many systems one of these keys is good for? Like, can I have it on two machines at once?

Only one system and the key actually is attached to your motherboard. If you chage it you will have to do a phone activation.

8.1 is supposedly a free update as far as I recall... Unless somethings' changed or I'm wrong? :eek:

8.1 is supposedly a free update as far as I recall... Unless somethings' changed or I'm wrong? :eek:

Windows 8.1 is Free only if you are upgrading from 8.

If you are upgrading from a previous version of windows (XP, Vista, or 7) you will pay a minimum of $120.00

"For those running Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, Windows 8.1 will cost $119.99. Windows 8.1 Pro will cost $199.99."

You can save yourself $160.00 by upgrading to 8 now before 8.1 releases. (assuming you have access to a .edu address)

Too bad its only one per account per a year lol

Yeah, I want it for SMB 3.0 between my server and desktop, so it seems like I'm out of luck.

They are making it very difficult for me to be legitimate about this, its ridiculous.
They really expect me to buy a copy for every system in my house, and then per the ToS I am supposed to buy a new copy everytime I do a new build?

In for one. Decided to make use of me .edu email once more before its deleted next month. :(

I am not sure those with a .edu account should consider this hot. I mean I just found out about the campus store that sells full versions of windows 8 pro not upgrade for $15. I am sure you guys who are still in college with will have something similar.

Didnt ask my edu email. And what campus store is that none ive seen.. ordered to give awaybit when does it ask my email???

Didnt ask my edu email. And what campus store is that none ive seen.. ordered to give awaybit when does it ask my email???

While you are checking out, you have to verify your edu address.

While you are checking out, you have to verify your edu address.

well i DIDNT i know i didnt add any email in except my normal one. NO EDU. so im confused. got it for 42 after tax.. i put my normal email in then put the promo code in.. since it asked where i get my promotional codes sent not my edu email.. (so confused)

no edu required for me .. have it in hand now just got delivered.

Last edited:
crap I wanted to pick up another copy but NE says promo code expired :(

Back