Windows 7's Upgrade and Restore (on network drive)

Jerome36

2[H]4U
I'm about to order components for a new desktop build, and will most likely get Home Premium for this new system (I already have W7:HP on a Netbook) However, I see that the "Upgrade and Restore" feature for Windows 7 Pro lets you backup to devices on a home or business network. I'm just wondering what sort of limitations there are. I could have swore I read a brief bit of text in the past that the networked drive had to be NTFS, but I can't find that info anymore.

Microsoft's own comparison chart doesn't list any sort of limitations involving backing up over the network, and if you click the "Backup and Restore" link on the chart, to get more info, I didn't find any additional information there, or in the FAQ. Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Anyway, I have a Western Digital World Edition II NAS, which I believe uses the HFS+ file system, and I'm just wondering if I could use that with Microsoft's own Upgrade and Restore feature. I'm guessing I can't do it, and that it would have to be NTFS, but I'm just hoping for some confirmation.

Back