windows 7

backwoods

Limp Gawd
Does windows 7 allow u to run non windows brand driver software.
Right now i cant seem to load my sound drivers Realtek .
windows keeps over righting it,

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "windows brand" drivers...

You should be installing the latest Vista drivers for Win7. FWIW though, if Win7 is installing its own drivers and sound is working then why mess with it.

If you have any Realtek audio chip made within the past 3 years or so on your motherboard, the Windows Update drivers should work just fine in probably 99% of all cases. Sometimes because of the particular mobo maker they may ask Realtek to modify the pin outs and shit gets mixed up (meaning you get headphone out from the pink mic jack, mic input works only through the green headphone/line out, that sort of mixup) and the drivers rarely fix such issues.

In those cases you'd need to use the drivers direct from the mobo maker; not even the Realtek reference drivers can fix that sort of thing, it has to be the OEM drivers to handle it.

The drivers that come with windows 7 are just fine, you really don't want to mess with them.

Vista drivers do work, but as JoeAverage said, if you are having trouble, realtek drivers may not fix it.

BTW I guess you mean that Windows keeps OVER WRITING them.

I'm having some issues with realtek and win 7 as well. In xp there used to be an equalizer i could get to from the control panel so I could turn down the bass as I dont have a dial on the speakers themself. I can't find anything similar in win 7 with the right drivers installed. Just a lot of virtual sound space nonsense.

If your having problems with drivers, you can go to your device manager and uninstall the hardware and you are presented with the opportunity to delete the driver also which will not let it reinstall the old driver when you reboot. So make sure you have the driver you want to use saved or accessible.

i am getting used to to the way it adds drivers from windows update's
i got it on hardware that would,not run vista.

Back