Windows 7 House Party Packs Arrive

Steve -- I think the shippers saw your bra picture and decided to punish you... :p

I received my party pack with my Windows 7 Ultimate in the box. I was really disappointed with the packaging. I'm expecting such plainly marked boxes to go missing from a lot of locations. They are too easy to spot and identify.

I was able to activate my installation of Windows 7 RTM with my key so all is good there. I was a little bummed that the signature edition is a cardboard envelope. I was hoping for a plastic shell case.

Also, what crackhead picked the items to include? A puzzle, a deck of cards? The poster and totes would have been acceptable if they had been the Windows 7 logo and background. Instead it's some picture that I would be embarrassed to hand out to my friends. My geek status would be crushed!

I got mine yesterday, Ultimate 7 included. When I answered the door and I saw the packaging, I was thinking, "Well if something isn't stolen, I'll be surprised." Luckily the box was unopened, but pretty beaten up. Still getting used to Win 7. Besides the new taskbar, it's so similar to vista I'm glad I didn't pay to upgrade.

got mine, and proceded to upgrade my system with the parts I had been squirreling away under my wifes nose like a psychotic treerat for the past 3 months, first major system upgrade I have done in about 3 years, Phenom 955 and motherboard, new HD, DVD burner, and that awesome "signed" win7 64bit.

mine came 2 days ago. Had 7 on it also in a sleeve and a seperate white cd sleeve with 64bit version.. My case was sealed but only with the plastic adhesive circle covering the pull out part.

I believe I remember having a sticker sealing mine. Both 32 and 64-bit inside.

The poster and totes would have been acceptable if they had been the Windows 7 logo and background. Instead it's some picture that I would be embarrassed to hand out to my friends.

huh? The poster is all win 7 wallpapers, the picture on the bag is also a win 7 wallpaper

Got mine the other day, was shipped from the US to the UK, which i was rather surprised at, must have cost them a fortune! I didnt get the balloons, streamers or the non MS software stuff though, must be a US only thing?

Running on my copy of Win 7 now, my box had a clear sticky plastic seal on it, nothing that would be too difficult to tamper with.

Heh, it would be hard to tell...it was just shipped the exact same way you see it in the picture. No plastic wrap, no tape, no seal. The box wasn't sealed in any way.

Right under the green "it's here" circle is a circlar seal similar to those on the 360's. It looks liek fromt he image that someone removed it because I can see the white specs.

Also from the "you're party pack is shipping now" email,
If you don’t receive yours by the end of the day October 10, 2009, contact us at [email protected].
There seems to have been around 19500 hosts, so they might have a small amount of extra packs incase this happens.

My wife looked at the picture on the tote bag and said "that looks kinda girly..."

So I stand by my statement that it was poorly chosen.

Mine came with the following
Windows 7 Ultimate 32/64bit in a Black cardboard sleeve case (64bit was in an white envelope)
4 packs of Streamers
1 bag of balloons
1 Deck of cards
10 Tote Bags
1 Puzzle
1 pack of napkins
some Windows 7 business cards to hand out
vouchers for Kapersky, Nero, and Norton
A poster
a windows 7 table display ad
Same. I guess it's a good thing that it only appears that they played catch with mine and kicked it at some point. There is only 1 corner on the box that wasn't rounded off.

Mine arrived yesterday intact, with a clear plastic seal across the opening of my shipping box.

DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS edition of windows7 will be installed during the party.

I got my pack yesterday. Everything was in there..

I am kinda dissapointed with the totes though... The picture on them is just ugly. Whoever chose that picture to put on the tote bags needs to be fired.

It would make a lot more sense and do a lot more for advertising Win7 if they actually had something about Win7 on them.. Like a nice big Windows 7 logo or something on them.

Mine:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32/64bit in a Black cardboard sleeve case (64bit was in an white envelope)
4 packs of Streamers
1 bag of balloons
1 Deck of cards
10 Tote Bags
1 Puzzle
1 pack of napkins
some Windows 7 business cards to hand out
vouchers for Kapersky, Nero, and Norton
A poster
a windows 7 table display ad

UPS left it outside, box intact in the rain.
Although under an alcove it got wet and the box is inside drying. Seems like it's all there.
There is a promotionsal disk and a signiture copy of ultimate 7. turtle puzzle, doilies-well napkins, streamers, deck of cards? Some sassy handbags, instructions and some promotional cards and offers.
No beer yet, thats later I assume. LOL
Actually it's a neat giveaway and I feel like that NASA scientist looking to catch a high-five in the video on the front page. Now if I can win the PC in the [H]ard giveaway, I will be set for AVP!

Its no wonder some of you didnt get the windows 7 copy.

Mine showed up with 2 64bit cDVDs and 1 32bit DVD. My guess is they put in extra 64 bit discs in a bunch of boxes.

Mine was a signature edition btw..

Just got mine.
Everything was there. The box only had a simple piece of shipping tape about 4" long to seal it.

Well Steve i hope they do good by you and ship you out another disk to replace your missing ones.

yep.. aware of that.. unless your box didnt show up with one!

/nelson HA HA!

FINALLY got my tracking number.. Fuckers decided to wait last minute to email it to me. Oh well. I hope everything shows up.

It included the NFR Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition (32 bit) plus a 64bit copy in a standard white paper sleeve. One Licence key included.

no condoms? no lube? no rubber fists?

what kind of party pack is this?

Got mine today. Box arrived in decent shape and still sealed with a 3inch long piece of tape. Win7 DVD's inside:cool:

Steve...that sucks! Please let us know what (if anything) HouseParty.com does to help you out.

I received my pack yesterday afternoon, as advertised, sealed with the clear plastic adhesive circle. Also included were the aforementioned software discount offers.

I agree with the others: this box is a theft magnet. Clearly marked with the Windows 7 logo. BAD IDEA.

I hope whoever stole/neglected to include your copy of Win7 develops an uncomfortable rash in their nether regions.

no condoms? no lube? no rubber fists?

what kind of party pack is this?

Depends on how you use the balloons. They might make decent rubbers.

My pack arrived, unharmed and containing everything it should. I was really sweating it too. If it can happen to steve, it can obviously happen to anybody.

got mine a few days ago. everything was in the box according to the included list of contents. gonna install the 64bit version on my laptop when i have a chance.

got mine yesterday without issue, seal wasn't broken, everything that was supposed to be in there was there including the software...not too bad for 10 minutes of my time and free...my wife already wants me to sell it, but she would change her mind when the pc stopped working in 59 days when the enterprise edition runs out of time LOL

has anyone tried using any of those Win 7 Ultimate Retail CD keys on ebay for $25 with this media yet? just curious, if those are legit keys thats a steal for anyone who didn't get in on this deal

You guys do know that its actually only 1 copy of Windows 7 right? once the key is used once ( on your choice of the 32bit or the 64bit), thats it. You can't install 32bit on one machine and 64bit on the other.

Finally got my tracking number!

Since the included contents for guests is a bit weak, I'm going to burn some dvd's with technical windows7 videos, How_To's http://www.microsoft.com/feeds/technet/en-us/how-to-videos/windows7_walkthrough_videos_image.xml (I found some more technical ones on technet someplace and will put them on as well).

Would have been nice to have a few t-shirts to give away. Or at least something exciting for the guests to look forward to.

Woo! Everyone's getting their party packs so they can sell their Windows 7 copies and turn a profit! Huzzah!

Doesn't look very fun to me.... Cmon Microsoft how about some booze with the party pack... :)

I expect nothing less of the Windows 8 Party Pack then a keg of beer and a 8 Assorted 700ml bottles of random spirits....

(I Wish i had signed up just for the free copy of 7 tho XD)

LawL ... look at what MS sent me guys ... I HAS PARTY HATS!

(I live in a student residence, they are always ready to party.... last weekend we partied because the doc got a new car)

Doesn't look very fun to me.... Cmon Microsoft how about some booze with the party pack... :)

I expect nothing less of the Windows 8 Party Pack then a keg of beer and a 8 Assorted 700ml bottles of random spirits....

)

I worked at MS doing customer service when Win 98 was launched. What you described is pretty much the kind of party they had at the MS campus in Las Colinas Tx

Back