Windows 12?

is this just BS?

Article said:
Two months ago, Intel let slip about Microsoft’s 'Windows refresh' plans, believed to refer to Windows 12.
Article said:
While we've not seen any actual screenshots or videos of Windows 12 yet, we have been graced with plenty of possible ideas of what it might look like courtesy of some very talented concept designers.

There is really nothing of substance in that article, and not even any new rumors, just old rumors.

As far as if Windows 12 actually comes out in 2024... I don't think it really matters. Windows evolves over time. Whether you want to call it a "service pack" or a "feature update", or a "new version", it doesn't really matter. Changes are being made all the time and new features are being introduced all the time. Take Windows 10 for example. Compare the latest version of Windows 10 against the 2015 version of Windows 10. The 2015 version of Windows 10 almost feels closer to Windows 8.1 than the latest version of Windows 10, and in many ways it is.

Operating systems from Google and Apple seem to come out with a new version every year. It wouldn't surprise me to see Microsoft adjust their release cadence and naming scheme to something similar in the future. That would be a complete 180 from what they said when Windows 10 first came out, but yeah, plans change.

https://betanews.com/2023/12/06/watch-windows-12-2024-being-installed/

Why would they come out in 2024 with Windows 12 since 11 just came out a couple of years ago, or is this just BS?
I am taking my Windows XP out on the World Wide Web today. Internet Explorer 8 had Certification errors. BAD internet today. Had to use Mozzilla
Firefox Old Version even to get on. Nothing published any more concerning any Computers or Internet printed. Staples years ago said NO COMPUTERS when the Store bought OS was not sold by them.

Strictly professional business XP and then a change to Windows 7.

What is this Windows 10 today? Nothing in stores or anything in print. If I sold a computer today the police would come and arrest me for getting anyone involved with a predatory NON CERTIFICATION Websites.

I am taking my Windows XP out on the World Wide Web today. Internet Explorer 8 had Certification errors. BAD internet today. Had to use Mozzilla
Firefox Old Version even to get on. Nothing published any more concerning any Computers or Internet printed. Staples years ago said NO COMPUTERS when the Store bought OS was not sold by them.

Strictly professional business XP and then a change to Windows 7.

What is this Windows 10 today? Nothing in stores or anything in print. If I sold a computer today the police would come and arrest me for getting anyone involved with a predatory NON CERTIFICATION Websites.

I agree 100% with you and can completely understand! You are on to something, keep on it and never let this rest!

There is really nothing of substance in that article, and not even any new rumors, just old rumors.

As far as if Windows 12 actually comes out in 2024... I don't think it really matters. Windows evolves over time. Whether you want to call it a "service pack" or a "feature update", or a "new version", it doesn't really matter. Changes are being made all the time and new features are being introduced all the time. Take Windows 10 for example. Compare the latest version of Windows 10 against the 2015 version of Windows 10. The 2015 version of Windows 10 almost feels closer to Windows 8.1 than the latest version of Windows 10, and in many ways it is.

Operating systems from Google and Apple seem to come out with a new version every year. It wouldn't surprise me to see Microsoft adjust their release cadence and naming scheme to something similar in the future. That would be a complete 180 from what they said when Windows 10 first came out, but yeah, plans change.

No. It does matter because there are nuanced differences between a feature update and a security update that actually do matter.

I would like to see a Windows 12...sort of like Windows 8 was that weird middle transition point from the excellent Windows 7 to Windows 10...Windows 11 feels like Windows 8

No. It does matter because there are nuanced differences between a feature update and a security update that actually do matter.

When did I mention security updates? I was just saying that new features are added all the time. What those changes are branded as is mainly a marketing decision.

Last edited:
I would like to see a Windows 12...sort of like Windows 8 was that weird middle transition point from the excellent Windows 7 to Windows 10...Windows 11 feels like Windows 8
Windows 8 at launch felt like an attempt to a big change a la vista or 2000 and not really a small transition.

11 is almost exactly 10, like 7 was almost exactly vista.

I see win 12 having 300+ processes running in the background, with Ai doing all of the reporting back to MS and third parties.

But but no worries you can turn it all off with 10,000 slider buttons, reg edits and other software stripping the bloat and spy crap out of it.

Just a guess.

When did I mention security updates? I was just saying that new features are added all the time. What those changes are branded as is mainly a marketing decision.

I don't believe you did. Why do you ask?

I always get excited about new Windows version and it's been so for 25 years. But I don't get why they just change the name to Windows instead of having a number after it.

I always get excited about new Windows version and it's been so for 25 years. But I don't get why they just change the name to Windows instead of having a number after it.
How else can you justify charging people for it and making perfectly good hardware obsolete. its a new version with a new higher number so it must be better right?

How else can you justify charging people for it and making perfectly good hardware obsolete. its a new version with a new higher number so it must be better right?

I'm retiring this year so I am glad I'll be rid of that circle jerk of supporting 3 desktop OS's. In IT we never recommended upgrading until necessary, it always comes from above. Soon we will be supporting Win 10, 11 and 12, all with their own unique quirks and issues.

I get a laugh at the fanboyism and excuses for defending MS decisions.

They seem to be copying Apple's planned obsolescence model now, which is just awesome. :rolleyes:

I'm retiring this year so I am glad I'll be rid of that circle jerk of supporting 3 desktop OS's. In IT we never recommended upgrading until necessary, it always comes from above. Soon we will be supporting Win 10, 11 and 12, all with their own unique quirks and issues.
lol, ive got 10/11, macos 13/14 and chromeos to keep on top of.

before commenting, go read the thread mcgov posted....

lol, ive got 10/11, macos 13/14 and chromeos to keep on top of.

before commenting, go read the thread mcgov posted....

I also support VMware and several versions of Windows server. What's your point more the merrier?

Microsoft confirms the next version of Windows won't be called Windows 12​

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/tech...1&cvid=328d5c3b2d5d4b9382511dca86048017&ei=11

1707494295418.png

Back