Windows 10 Jump List Behavoir

PCMusicGuy

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone know a way to make the jump list in Windows 10 behave like Windows 7? In 7, I could hover over excel in the start menu and the list would automatically appear. In 10 I have to click the stupid little arrow. I'm sick and tired of things I use making me click more to accomplish the same freaking thing.

I would have stuck with 7 but it is a work computer that was required to be updated.

just needs a decent start menu replacement...startisback does what you want, but is not free....one of the free ones should work as well.

The crappy XAML pseudo-startmenu in 10 is feature crippled, so it's not your imagination.

Startisback is a good choice. It's only like $2.99 after 30 day free trial I believe

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I will try and adjust to the new normal. If it gives me too much grief I will check into some of the replacement options.

Thanks for the feedback. I will try and adjust to the new normal. If it gives me too much grief I will check into some of the replacement options.
Think i made it all of 2 months before i gave up and just used startisback...And havent looked back since;)...you actually get the best of both worlds with newer win 10 features and 7 functionality. You get 2 lic for 2 bucks.....so its really like a buck each. Win 10 would suck without it for me

Back