Windows 10/11 Kernel Panic 41

obviouslytom

Fully [H]
I have dumped and redone this laptop a few times now and I am constantly getting a Kernel Panic 41. The latest was 20 minutes ago and it says:
Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? It typically happens when I stop using the laptop for a few minutes and I come back to it sitting at the login screen. It happed when I had Windows 11 on here and when I wiped it and put 10 on.

1657397750831.png

1657397718105.png

try turning off fast start up and if that doesnt help try running the power troubleshooter, run: ms-settings:troubleshoot

try turning off fast start up and if that doesnt help try running the power troubleshooter, run: ms-settings:troubleshoot
I changed the fast start option but I have no idea if that will really change anything. As for the troubleshooting, nothing came up when going through it. Could it be the SSD or the ram going bad? The SSD is a 1tb NVMe that I got from Microcenter a few months ago.

I changed the fast start option but I have no idea if that will really change anything. As for the troubleshooting, nothing came up when going through it. Could it be the SSD or the ram going bad? The SSD is a 1tb NVMe that I got from Microcenter a few months ago.
idk maybe. nvme firmware up to date? bios up to date?

Bios yes but how would you update the firmware on the nvme? Unless you are referring to the Intel chipset which is also up to date.
im assuming that nvmes have firmware updates, i havent tried on any but youd use the makers drive tool from the support page.
try turning off power saving in the bios and device manager

im assuming that nvmes have firmware updates, i havent tried on any but youd use the makers drive tool from the support page.
try turning off power saving in the bios and device manager
It appears I am getting closer because this is not the first time that I have seen it crash from this error

1657492702810.png

Edit: I ran sfc /scannow from the command prompt and it came back saying that it found corrupted files and that it successfully repaired them. I had this laptop running for hours without issue and was even having Handbrake re-encode a video for me, but as soon as the video was done it crashed again with the above error.

I read that the bugcheck error comes from having Nvidia drivers. This laptop has 2 video cards, one being the Intel one and then a separate GTX 970m. I have the latest drivers from Nvidia and I wonder if they are causing the issue. Nothing out of the ordinary happened when I installed them

Last edited:
Any time I have an issue with Windows 10/11, I run sfc /scannow first. What is really interesting is with Windows 7 after all the years of service, I think I ran it maybe once or twice. Not sure what happened with 10, as I have run it several times a year when something is not working as it should. Not sure why they get corrupt. Maybe MS should spend more time on fixing this instead of adding worthless new apps.

Back