Window 7 Display Driver Issue

HCLPfan

Gawd
Up until yesterday I was using 2x 24" monitors running off of a Radeon 4870 and everything was running fine. This morning I installed a second video card that I've had sitting in the closet which was an Radeon x800. I know this card has had driver issues with w7 due to it being legacy now but this third monitor was only going to be for watching movies so I figured I'd just stick with the default windows driver and that would be fine.

After installing the card I booted up, windows automatically detected it and everything was working fine. After some time I noticed that windows had downloaded some updates which I assumed were for the graphics driver so I installed and restarted. Now it no longer detects the third monitor and here is what I get:

21735-6satzjls.png

I looked at the install history and the update was "ATI Technologies Inc. driver update for ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series" which is my main card, not the new one. Any ideas why this is happening?

EDIT: I performed a system restore and the monitor is back to begin detected. I guess I just wont perform the update next time

Last edited:
Back