Win7 Doesn't allow access to my ATA HDD?

PinchedNerve

Limp Gawd
I just installed Win7 64 & I installed it to my SATA drive which works fine. Now the device manager sees both drives but when I try to go to computer C drive is the SATA drive & D drive is the DVD player. That's all the options I have.

Why on earth would it be listed in the Device Manager & not in My Computer? Tried "add device" & that just sits there endlessly finding nothing.

Any idea's?

BTW: I do have the latest nVidia Win7-64 drivers for my 780i SLI board.

Edit: The ATA HDD does show up in the Bios, & the Device Manager...

check disk management to see what it says about the disk drive. If its not formatted, or not assigned a drive letter then you wont see it in "my computer" and it doesnt get a drive letter.

if you right click my computer -> manage, disk management should be listed as one of the management tools.

Then you should be able to see the drive and can click on it to format or assign a drive letter.

Was it Empty? Check Tools->Folder Options->View->Hide empty drives in the Computer folder

check disk management to see what it says about the disk drive. If its not formatted, or not assigned a drive letter then you wont see it in "my computer" and it doesnt get a drive letter.

if you right click my computer -> manage, disk management should be listed as one of the management tools.

Then you should be able to see the drive and can click on it to format or assign a drive letter.

Thanks bro, this worked.

To Arainach, the disk was a storage disk & about half full.

Back