Win XP User Account Choice Bypass

scojo_az

n00b
I installed .net on my machine and now, every time I log in, I have to choose my user account before I will load Windows. The thing is, I'm the only user on the machine, so my user account is the only choice. How do I bypass this and have it load right into Windows?

Thanks a bunch,

scojo_az

Originally posted by scojo_az
I installed .net on my machine and now, every time I log in, I have to choose my user account before I will load Windows. The thing is, I'm the only user on the machine, so my user account is the only choice. How do I bypass this and have it load right into Windows?

Thanks a bunch,

scojo_az

I had the same damn problem. It seems that .net installed a new user. I deleted that user, but I still get prompted. I also found nothing in tweakui for bypassing this screen and also did a search on google to see if I could find a solution, but I got nothing.

Basically, your guess is as good as mine. I hope someone posts a solution on here.

Had the same problem; .net made a "ASP.NET User Account", I deleted it and I no longer had the problem. Do you have another account labeled "Administrator"?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Winlogon]
ForceAutoLogon = "1"

Note in Win2k/XP when using Tweak UI to setup the username and password for autologin, then the password will be encrypted and saved at [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SECURITY \Policy \Secrets \DefaultPassword]

Note in Win2k/Xp one can also configure automatic logon in the Control Panel by opening "Users and Passwords" and unchecking "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and it will prompt for the username and password for the automatic login. But it doesn't work if logging on to a domain.

Note in WinXP it will automaticly logon if the following conditions are true:

* The Welcome screen must be enabled
* Guest account access must be turned off
* There must be only one user account on the computer
o Hidden System Accounts must be added to the SpecialAccounts Userlist as hidden
* The user account must not have a password

*cough*google*cough*

That ASP .net user is a security feature (to slow any hackers down). You should only delete the account if you have a firm reason to.

Go google it, i did a while ago, and that is all i can remember.

Originally posted by triple_s
That ASP .net user is a security feature (to slow any hackers down). You should only delete the account if you have a firm reason to.

Go google it, i did a while ago, and that is all i can remember.

Heh, how do I get it back? ;)

Originally posted by RandysWay
Heh, how do I get it back? ;)

lol, reinstall the update it came with... which update is that i hear you ask? Well... i have no damn idea. Stupid MS and its hundreds of "critical updates".

Back