Win 7 system default color profile question

Geolith

Limp Gawd
So, I have changed the system default color profile to a custom ICC profile. All is peachy, but there is a tiny, but quite annoying issue: despite the fact that it's listed as a system default profile (and supposedly should affect the whole system), it kicks in only after the logon. In other words, I get crappy colors during the whole logon process -- the desktop switches to the custom profile only after the icons and stuff are loaded.

Well, if it's supposed to be indeed the default system profile, how come it's preceded by some other, apparently "defaulter" profile. Is it a normal behavior? I really fail to see the logic here.

If there is a way to make this "system default" profile truly default and truly system-wide, please let me know.

What are your system specs? Also, what did you use to change the profile - inbox tools, or some utility like Adobe <whatever they call their color management software>?

What are your system specs? Also, what did you use to change the profile - inbox tools, or some utility like Adobe <whatever they call their color management software>?

Thanks for you reply!

Monitor: Dell U2410
GPU: GeForce GTX 460

I can't think of any other system specs relevant to color management.

I have used only Windows 7 native color management, no third party utilities.

This is likely a "personal setting" effecting your user account (C:\Users\AcctName) which would only apply after login.

If you have multiple user accounts, your color settings probably only effect you unless there was an option to "effect all users".

You will probably have to use a 3rd party application to change prelogin/bootup screens and colors.

It was like this for XP as well. The theme you chose/created may change some of the colors but prelogin is usually an overriding default until you are logged in, then your personal settings are loaded.

Outlaw

This is likely a "personal setting" effecting your user account (C:\Users\AcctName) which would only apply after login.

If you have multiple user accounts, your color settings probably only effect you unless there was an option to "effect all users".

You will probably have to use a 3rd party application to change prelogin/bootup screens and colors.

It was like this for XP as well. The theme you chose/created may change some of the colors but prelogin is usually an overriding default until you are logged in, then your personal settings are loaded.

Outlaw

Thanks for your reply!

I don't have multiple user accounts, but I see what you mean. Normally, the profile affects only the selected user, but Windows 7 lets you change the system default profile, which affects all users.

Logically, the default system profile should be already active at the logon screen, doesn't matter what ICC is this, one that came with windows or added by user. But in my case the custom profile activates only AFTER the log in.

Back