Will you buy Madden 13?

Will you buy Madden 13?

• Total voters
Gave up on Madden after they got rid of the PC version and also most of the coaching meta-game.

Madden has been getting better every year the past few years but I think I'm still going to pass. When the NFL license is no longer exclusive I may get back into football games.

The best Madden game was 93 for the Sega Genesis. Nice and simple and a lot easier to play. I tried to play some of the later versions but the 4,000 different plays for each formation and endless menus were a little too much for me since Im just riddled with ADD. I need things nice and simple. See that bad guy? Shoot him. Yeah thats the game for me.

The best Madden game was 93 for the Sega Genesis. Nice and simple and a lot easier to play. I tried to play some of the later versions but the 4,000 different plays for each formation and endless menus were a little too much for me since Im just riddled with ADD. I need things nice and simple. See that bad guy? Shoot him. Yeah thats the game for me.
Well, EA has added an option where you can take a playbook and trim it down to just the plays you want. They also added a feature called 'gameflow' which basically automatically picks the play for you, so all you do is press a button to line up after each play.

Well, EA has added an option where you can take a playbook and trim it down to just the plays you want. They also added a feature called 'gameflow' which basically automatically picks the play for you, so all you do is press a button to line up after each play.

Yeah I remember hearing they did a lot to make it easier. I still never could get into it that much despite being a rabid football fan. Don't blame them much really. They sold a gazillion copies of each game every hear so obviously I was like the only dude that thought it was too convoluted and they were doing something right.

I haven't bought it since the 2010 version. I gave up trying to play online since I need average players to play against, not people who can run up a score and do that nasty blitzing crap that gives you no shot on each play.

This game should really be priced at $30 or $40 bucks because it doesn't merit the 60 dollar price tag that it comes with. I stopped buying the new ones after '09. I bought '07 and then '09 because I was never a Madden fan and learned my lesson quickly. What an awful waste of money.

The only real feature I've missed a lot is the ability to make a custom playbook which i'm not sure is in 11 or newer. I can't even play 11 online because now thye make you purchase an online code after it's been resold. That's not worth it because of EA's track record in shutting down outdated game servers as it's just a matter of time before it goes down.

Its not worth the $60 unless you have friends to play with at the house or people you actually know to play online against. Online play sucks so bad with that game. Nano blitz happens all the time, you get sacked as soon as you snap the ball.

It's sad that in many ways 2k5 is a superior product. Madden is getting there though. I wish 2K could still make games. Their commentators alone are worth it :)

I don't care for any of these games typically (and sorry OP, this is slightly off topic), but one of my favorite sports games was the last NCAA hoops (2k8, I think) game. Only EA Sports holds the rights to make NCAA basketball games now and I find that completely absurd.

Its not worth the $60 unless you have friends to play with at the house or people you actually know to play online against. Online play sucks so bad with that game. Nano blitz happens all the time, you get sacked as soon as you snap the ball.

I haven't played Madden since 07 version on pc, but in my past experience, there's a counter for everything. Suicide blitzes are usually owned by a quick draw play, quick wr screen play, or sending a back out in the flat. I used to love the custom league we ran for 07.

I will consider buying it this year if they can work out the MP kinks. It seems like the lag is always terrible, especially the first few weeks.

It's always the same. I really can't see what more they can do. In reality, they should just have one game and make 'expansions' and get people to buy those.
The Expansions would just be updated rosters and stats. Maybe some software(update) to make them play differently or whatever. Mayhaps new features and gametypes.

Eh. At any rate, I can never see how people justify buying the newest copy each year.
Maybe every 3 or 4.

I think the last Madden game i bought was 04'.

They need to release one game.
Then have DLC every year to update the rosters.

Online play sucks so bad with that game. Nano blitz happens all the time, you get sacked as soon as you snap the ball.

Its crybabys like you that make online subpar. People quitting all the time because
don't actually know anything about football, let madden pick their plays for them and get mad when they get pwned. Trying sitting down and learning how to play instead of posting rage quit videos on youtube whining about how much ea sports sucks. :rolleyes:

Its crybabys like you that make online subpar. People quitting all the time because
don't actually know anything about football, let madden pick their plays for them and get mad when they get pwned. Trying sitting down and learning how to play instead of posting rage quit videos on youtube whining about how much ea sports sucks. :rolleyes:
Actually he's right and you are wrong. The issue he brought up is something that EA is addressing this year

Anyways, the big announcement for Madden 13 is a new physics engine which brings unlimited animations similar to Backbreaker. I really think this is going to change the way you play the game. In years past the running game has not been good due to animation glitches (players not locking up/blocking), where with this new system there is no way a player will not be able to lock up.

I think the last Madden game i bought was 04'.

The last Madden game I bought was '98 on the Sega Saturn. I've played pretty much every Madden after that, but never bought it myself. Once the 2K games arrived I bought those instead, since to me they were superior almost every year.

Back