Will this CPU work on my A-Bit KT7-Raid

DarkSamurai2003

Limp Gawd
Building a Linux Web server off old pc-parts, and buying some parts (CPU).

1.2 GHz AMD Thunderbird
Processor Core Model 4 (Thunderbird)
Bus frequency (MHz) 133

For KT7/KT7-Raid:
  • Supports AMD Duron 600MHz ~ 850MHz or future Socket A processors based on 200MHz (100MHz Double Data Rate)
  • Supports AMD Athlon 700MHz ~ 1.2GHz or future Socket A processors based on 200MHz (100MHz Double Data Rate)

Also, will PC-133 ram work on this motherboard? Or will I have to use PC-100?

PC133 should work even if it runs at PC100 speed.

Abit usually made good OCing boards. Might be able to run that 100FSB up to 133 and see if it works. Any newer bioses available for it?

Looking at that link under the Bios updates shows that they did in fact add support for 133FSB chips. Go for it ;).

The bios version I have is V1.01 it's an old motherboard. The Bios is the factory bios, when I first got it.

kirbyrj said:
Looking at that link under the Bios updates shows that they did in fact add support for 133FSB chips. Go for it ;).
Where do you see that? So if I update my bios, I should be fine?

It was under the Bios Update menu tab on the right side. There's the last Bios for it, but then there's a Bios revision history on the bottom. I read through a couple of those to see what changes they made. One of them was to run with 133FSB CPU's.

kirbyrj said:
It was under the Bios Update menu tab on the right side. There's the last Bios for it, but then there's a Bios revision history on the bottom. I read through a couple of those to see what changes they made. One of them was to run with 133FSB CPU's.

Yep Yep... :D

Back