will this be a good combination? will it be compatible with my ram?

ryguy2fly

n00b
EPoX "EP-8KDA3+" nForce3 250Gb Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU -RETAIL

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 512k L2 Cache

I plan to throw it in my crappy case with a million stickers on it, with this stuff on the inside

radeon x800
gig of pc2700 ram, single channel
an 80 gig hd and a 120 gig
audigy 2 zs

Would anybody here want to build that different? (I don't have the budget to change the stuff I already have)

well your ram sucks poo poo but other than that it looks good....

I believe he is only talking about the processor/mobo combo, in which case that will probably be really nice...

However if your really on a tight budget you may consider the 8KDA3J version of that board. its only about $100 and you only loose the 4 sata ports from the extra sata raid controller and the optical spdif (you still have 2 sata raid from the chipset and it still has the 250GB chipset)

Yes, that should work.

<nitpick>

RAM itself is not dual channel, unless you consider some of the RAMBUS PC4200/4800 modules... The dualchannelness of today's systems is a function of how your motherboard (or processor in the case of the K8) uses your memory.

</nitpick>

I think you'd do better to get some PC3200 Ram, as your processor has an FSB of 200MHz, so PC3200 Ram would run synchronous with it

Back