Will asus integrate pci-E into there current line up

vinny77

Limp Gawd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When PCI-E comes out will asus put out boards such as the P4C800 E Deluxe which Is my favorite Motherboard with the PCI-E slots. I hope so and think it would be unfair for them to hold back P4 Northwood users.

I wnat to get the x800 XT PE in the pci e edition

yes you are correct, I read somthing about it and just dont rememeber where I read it, this is why I asked

Fair is never the point. Socket 478 Prescotts were a transitional product anyway. And manufacturers rarely if ever build on old technology when new is available. Now that i915 and i925 chipsets are out don't expect to see to many more if any socket 478 motherboards.

It's about making cash. You do that with new technology. Not rehashing old boards. It doesn't make sense to try and turn a P4C800-E into a PCI-E board anyway. The trace path connects are completely different and we'd lose our AGP slots and some of our IDE channels as the i925 and i915 chipsets are very different from last generations i865PE and i875P chipsets.

Face it man, socket 478 is dead.

vinny77 said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When PCI-E comes out will asus put out boards such as the P4C800 E Deluxe which Is my favorite Motherboard with the PCI-E slots. I hope so and think it would be unfair for them to hold back P4 Northwood users.

I wnat to get the x800 XT PE in the pci e edition

They have. The replacement for the 800E Deluxe is the new P5AD2 Premium and P5AD2 Deluxe, a pair of 925X/LGA 775 Intel chipset boards. They one-up the E in just about every way (dual LAN, dual 1394, etc.); it's also more expensive than the E. There is also the P5SD2 Premium and Deluxe, a 915X variation that is equal to the older 800 Deluxe.

I think Intel is going to have a rough time with this upgrade. I don't forsee this whole thing catching on for a while. Im in the same boat. My 2.4c runs at 3.4ghz, thats PLENTY fast for ANYTHING i through at it. I guess i will just get a x800 series AGP card and hold it out until i have absolutely no choice like 1.5 years from now.

Although i did see a new board for AMD 752's coming out with PCI-E, may be time for me to stop Intel whoring and cross the line to a nicely overclockable 64.

Also, anyone know if 9800pro waterblocks can be 'adapted' to fit the x800 series cards?

Back